Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 03:16:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Holding breath

Started by Mellybug, Dec 21, 2003, 07:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mellybug

Here we are, the Sunday before Christmas. Since Christmas Eve and Christmas day are our usual days to have the kids, we have made plans to have Christmas at our house. (Similar situation to the post about SM making plans because DH forgets - I was pinned down last night by family members asking ME what's going on for the holidays!). In order to keep the BM involved with her Children, we asked her if she wanted them Christmas Eve, for a few hours or the evening. She gave some excuse about how she probably would work those days, and won't be seeing the kids.

How sad is that?

On a happier note- my boyfriend's 3 year old daughter has repeatedly hugged both of us together and said, "MY parents!" That melted my heart. Later on that night, we had their 4 cousins over, and my boyfriend's 6 year old son asked if he could do something. I said he could. He ran upstairs and said to his cousins, "My mom said I could!" I thought maybe he just made a mistake and would correct himself (which he does on occasion), he repeated, "My mom said I could!"

Another warm fuzzy feeling.

Happy Holidays, EVERYONE!

Mellybug

thairagain

I know how you felt with the 3 yr old.  About a month after dh rec'd full custody of sd, sd decided on her own to call me Mom.  I still get those warm fuzzy feelings when I hear her call me that.  Saturday night she was talking on the phone with her maternal aunt, discussing transportation arrangements for the Sunday afternoon lunch.  I told her that I would give her a ride to her grandmother's house and she replied to her Aunt, "No, you don't have to come pick me up; my parents will give me a ride."........another warm fuzzy feeling.....sigh.....

thair

Peanutsdad

We know exactly how you both feel. Kiddosmom has been around peanut essentially since birth. Well the stinker is 22 months old and has got "daddy" and "momma" down pat.  We're just wondering how she'll reconcile momma to the pb she visits EOW.

because kiddosmom is her older sibs mother,, so she hears them call her momma,, it was just natural for her to do the same.

Indigo Mom

My hub has been with lil miss since shortly after birth as well.  She knows him as her "daddy", not because we told her he was, but because she chose him.  

Though he acts all "manly" and buff about it, I know it mushes him all up inside his heart when both the kids call him "my dad".