Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 09:37:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

need opinions, way OT, really gross, read at own risk

Started by bananas, Dec 29, 2003, 07:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bananas

Ok, this is way off topic but I would like to know how you all would handle this.

We had some houseguests recently (family members).  We have a spare room that they slept in, and a hall bath that we never use.  The guests used the hall bath.  

8 days later, I was wondering what that awful smell was.  At first I thought the dog had an accident, but I didn't find anything.  Then I went into that hall bathroom and the odor was unbelieveable.  I lifted the lid on the toilet and you can guess what it was.  One of the houseguests didn't flush before leaving 8 days earlier.

I don't know if I should mention this little incident to the houseguests.   I don't want to embarrass them, but it was soooo nasty and smelly and I had to scrub to get the brown ring out, etc. etc.  On the other hand, I know they didn't flush because someone was in the shower, and then they just forgot.

What would you do?

Kitty C.

Well, if it wer me, I'd clean it well with BLEACH and make DAMN sure about checking it IMMEDIATELY after the next set of houseguests leave.....

But telling them about it would only serve in embarassing the hell out of them and possibly losing them as friends.  It apparently was an honest mistake and they very possibly DID remember later but were too embarassed to tell you.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Childrenfirst

I think in this day and age of turmoil, war, and violence daily, that even though this was a disgusting gesture which was merely a mistake, I would stop and say....How important is it?

Concentrate on the big things in life! Good luck!

msme

Hard as it may be, try to find the humor.  Life is too short to get worked up over something that is trivial, although, admittedly nasty.

You could hereafter refer to them as the stinkys, or be glad that it was you that found it & not your pastor or mother-in-law.

After living in a house with 8 kids & 3 bathrooms, nothing I find floating surprises me anymore. We have plunger encounters, almost every day!

Good luck & God bless

msme

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!

sweetnsad

LMAO...This is way off topic, yes, but too funny not to respond to...

I'd let it go as well, but I would make sure I check right away the next time...it would be too embarassing to make any waves about it.  

I'm sorry...I'm not trying to make fun of the situation, but you do have to admit that it makes for a good laugh, considering that most topics here do not.  

:-)