Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 18, 2024, 07:58:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

update

Started by bananas, Mar 27, 2004, 08:16:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bananas

It has been a long week.  Finally closed on our second mortgage yesterday.  It took a lot longer than we thought it would, but at least it's done.  We paid off a lot of stuff and have some breathing room.  Plus, it's tax-deductible!  I think I'm going to sell my motorcycle because I never ride it.  I've had it for over a year and it's STILL not broken in!  I only put about 350 miles on it since I've had it.  So if I can find someone who wants to finish breaking it in, that'll help us out too.  

I am helping with gathering data and statistics at work so that the union can try to negotiate a new contract with the city.  This has really taken up a lot of my free time, but will be worth it.  The city is being very acrimonious and hostile.  They changed some of our work schedules just to spite the employees, and they will probably change all of the schedules in May.  Not happy about that.  I might be looking for another job if that happens.  The only good thing is that I have had a lot of experience in dealing with nasty behavior, both on the job and off.  I now realize that not everyone has the best intentions.

On a good note, spring is here.  I can hear the birds singing outside right now!!  And we only have two more months of CS to pay and we're DONE!!!  It will be fantastic to have this aspect over with, and be able to turn the corner and move on.  I am off birth-control and things are starting to level off, unlike in February, when my hormones were off the hook.  DH and I are hoping to have a baby within the next year... DH can then be a major part of the child's life and actually be involved.  He really missed that with his kids.  This will hopefully be a second chance for him to really be a father, instead of just a visitor who has no choice in what happens in his kids' lives.

Thanks to all for reading... just haven't really had a chance to post much until now.  Have a great weekend!