Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 06:25:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fuming!!!!

Started by Mellybug, Jun 22, 2004, 06:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mellybug

I swear if I make it through this I deserve sainthood or something equivalent!

Background of current situation: BM has a business doing taxes. She works Jan - May. The rest of the year, who knows? She and my fiance took out a business loan for this business using his HOUSE as security. Naturally, they split up - she defaulted on the loan, he has to pay to keep his house. In addition, she left him with her credit card bills, cell phone bills, and car payment. HE GETS NOTHING FROM HER.

They have 50/50 custody, but it equals out to about 75/25 (we have 75). She is a VERY vindictive soul (how many aren't?). Last year she successfully demanded thousands of dollars from my fiance to keep from going to court for custody battle. They were never married. He finally told her he was tapped out, she threatened to go to Emergency Social Services - and did. My fiance received paperwork on FATHER'S DAY stating that his pro-rata share is $196/week.

She THINKS he has to pay this amount weekly for child support. This is not the case, but she's too stupid to know that. She currently has NO JOB, and has her 4 year old daugher in full-time daycare at $90/week. STarting tomorrow, her 6 year old son is out of school, and she wants to send him there as well. Another $90/week.

Today he informed her in writing that since he is paying this $196/week plus her other bills, he does not have the money to pay for the day care, and will not be doing so. He also stated that he will NOT be changing their visitation schedule, since we have done this about 3 times since the court order, and each time was at HER request. He said that had she been more willing to compromise in other areas, he would be more compromising.

She went ballistic! She says that if he makes her pay for day-care alone, she'll file for emergency services AGAIN (since she still has no job), and then he'll have to pay THAT! SHE HAS NO JOB- WHY DO THE KIDS NEED TO GO TO DAY CARE?

Fortunately, his mother is helping him with a very good lawyer. Getting him to fully utilize her services is proving to be more difficult. I'll keep trying - but I'm at my own wit's end.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Mellybug