Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 05:13:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dealing with SS school re: social services...maybe TRO

Started by smtotwo, Oct 10, 2004, 07:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smtotwo

I have a couple questions about the social worker at stepsons school.

I realize that as a mandatory reporter she was required to do what she felt she had to do.

But, once she contacted social services shouldn't her involvement then ended?

The problem as I see it (the mother bear protecting her cub) is that social services deemed the report unfounded and at that point the problem should have ended.  BUT, it didn't end there. THe school social worker faxed her entire report to social services to MY SONS SCHOOL
secretary, principal and psychologist.

I feel that. that was a major breech of confidentiality and a breech of my sons right to privacy!  There was NEVER a need for him to have to be dragged into the school ppychologist office for all his friends and classmates to see, then be sent back to class obviously upset and red-eyed from crying!

How should I deal with this?   I think there are a couple options, what do you guys think?

1) File a formal complaint with the state board of education

2) Go directly to the school superintendant and social worker

3) Just talk to our lawyer and see where she thinks we should take this.

I don't want to go to the lawyer cuz like everyone here knows  Her time is My money.

But I also don't know if any confidetiality laws were broken,

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

smtotwo

I have a STRONG feeling I know where our next week is going to go.

Next friday, late in the afternoon, the psychomommy is going to haul her lazy, unemployed hind end to the court house and ask for a Temporary Restraining Order against my son based on her claim to social services.

And she'll get because first of all, No One in the court house is going to check the facts, just roll with what she says and give her and us a court date, and second because she'll lie to get if she has to.

IF this happens is there anyway at all that we can possibly fight it?
She'll tell the kids we don't want to see them.

I will be checking the online court access regularly to see if it happens before friday, but she's not as stupid as she pretends to be.  I'm sure if she does it it'll be 3:00 friday afternoon after we're already on our way to pick them up.

Anyone know if we can stop this before starts?
I don't think so but maybe someone here knows something we don't!

Thanks againg!!

4honor

find a civil rights attorney and see if you can get a free 30 minutes.
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.

Kitty C.

I'd be talking to the superintendent and the school board.  Get a copy of the district's policies and find whatever you can on privacy and confidentiality.  If they have a website, it's likely that you can find it there.

I agree with you, I think what the school SW did was wrong.  We have the AEA who oversees our district and others who provide services in regards to SW's and psychologists.  The nice thing is that they spend a LOT of times in the classrooms just observing and if they need to talk to a child, they wait till between classes and try to make it as inobtrusive as possible for the child and the rest of the class.  Sounds like your child's school doesn't care that much.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

steprealmom

I am sorry I don't know exactly what happened in your situation but I am sorry you are going thru such a difficult time.

I do have a question?  How do you check online court access?  Is it available for all states and courts?  It could be useful for some of us other stepmoms.

Thanks!

smtotwo

when I tried to check the ex's and new husbands record in colorado theres a charge.  I just went to google and typed in circuit court access online.