Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 10:26:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

SD is bleeding from her bottom.

Started by leftoverinmn, Jan 10, 2005, 08:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leftoverinmn

DH's ex wife called him today, his 12yo is in the hospital with undiagnosed internal bleeding.
She also has horrible diarrhea. Her mom brought her in yesterday, she's staying the night tonight. We had the kids on thursday night. She called him on his cell phone, and was livid!

She said daughter was probably sick from something she ate, and it had to have been something HE fed her. She accused him of being neglectful, and being too lazy to cook good meals for the kids. Also how having the kids at his house EOW and thurs nights isn't in their best interest because he's too careless.

BM had this conversation in the daughter's hospital room.

Poor girl is sick, the doctors don't know what's wrong, they are making her poop in a bowl to take stool samples from her, HOW EMBARRASSING FOR HER!! But then to have to listen to this phone call on top of everything else...

Money's tight, as you all know.  We eat spaghetti alot, and cooking for SD is kinda tough since she's a vegetarian.

I feel so bad for his daughter. It must be so embarrassing to be hospitalized with bloody diarreha. He chatted online for a while with his OS tonight. Mom is adamant about placing blame and pointing fingers. Ranting in the hospital in front of the kids, wanting the dr. to make an emergency recommendation to CPS.

She had frozen cheese pizza thurs night, and cereal for breakfast. We all ate it. It's not like it was topped with broken glass or anything, BM is making it sound that..

We wanted to go see her so badly today. But of course it would just cause an altercation from PBFH. So, if she's feeling better tomorrow, she can go home to her mother's. Perhaps we'll see her on thursday.

Her mom is supposed to notify dad of hospitalization, but making that phone call was disgusting. (What if mom convinced her that it was my cooking?)

Dad brought up the idea that maybe isn't something she ate, but all the stress she has in her life. Mom said, "She has no stress. She's a child." Dad went down the list from having a broken family, divorced parents, long custody battle, gaurdian at litims, new step-father, EOW visitation with their dad, and a hateful blackhearted beeotch of a mother.

Those kids have been through so much, and thier mom is using her illness to take cheap shots at his fathering ability (and MY cooking dammit!). I hope SD doesn't feel guilt over this, or blame herself for getting sick.

Why couldn't she have said, "You're daughter is sick, come to the hospital right away!" No, she says, "You're daughter's in the hospital, and it's YOUR FAULT!"

Can stress cause an illness like this?

wendl

Poor thing, that has to suck.

Has dh called the Dr to discuss this matter with him and also inform Dr of all the stress the child has been going thru.

Hugs to you and dh.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

joni

I think it looks bad if you don't go to the hospital.  The staff might get the impression DH doesn't care and maybe mom has some credibility in her allegations.

I wouldn't care about the altercation if he showed up.  It'll just make her look like an idiot.  

Spaghetti and pizza will not give a kid bloody diahhrea.  Stop feeling guilty about something you didn't do.  The kid is probably stressed out for sure.

rachaelmomma

I agree that frozen pizza is not going to give a child bloody diarea.  What did she eat at school on Thursday?  Perhaps you should contact the school and ask about the meal that day and how many children were out sick the next day.

Also, I think that at the very least your DH should go to the hospital to visit his child.  If the BM causes a stir then he can ask the doctor to have her removed for the sake of not disturbing the child further durring his visit.  The doc will do that.  I know.  We had to do that before.  If BM goes balistic then she is just making herself look like a lunatic and distroys the credibility to anything dirogatory she has said about your DH and Your cooking.  At the very least call the doctor and discuss the case with him to show your concern and disire to make the child healthier.

Ignore her when possible and go see the child.  The child needs comfort not a PBFH BM.  

If you really want some fuel to use against her then take a tape recorder with you and turn it on before you pop up.  Get all her bad mouthing on tape and make sure you or your DH talk as well so that you can say were you are for refference.  Like as you walk up to the room say "I am on floor XX and will enter my daughter's room in 30 seconds", "Well, BM, shouldn't we discuss your concerns outside of SD's room so as not to stress her out more", etc.

Good luck to you.

I hope it is not serious and your SD gets back to being a child again soon.

R

Arwyn

Stess does not cause bloody diahrea.  Your SD either ate something bad, or swallowed something bad like a parasite or something like that for that to happen, unless she has some time of bowel problem.  IBS does not cause bloody stools.  For bloddy stools to occur it has to be something more serious.  I have had a parasite before and apparntly was swalloed through tap water that was bad.  To this day I have no idea where it came from.  It is to hard to tell where anything bad like that comes from.  So if your SD has something like that this can not be blamed on you or anyone else.  However if you don't drink filtered water in your home I would start doing it.  Since I had my experience I drink nothing but filtered or bottled water.  I hope your SD will be ok.  Try to understand the mom is just upset right now.  Doesn't excuse her behavior, but still try and understand.

leftoverinmn

and feeling better. Appearantly, she stayed the night at a friend's house on friday, and the day after she went in to the hospital, her friend came down with the same illness.  She's here tonight, and having a good time.

DH tried to visit the day before yesterday. He stopped at the front desk to find out what room she's in. Can you guess what happened???? The receptionist said, "We have no one here by that name." He lost his legal custody last year. From what I understand, PBFH made that very clear to the hospital staff, instructing them that SD was to have NO visitors, and no information released about her condition.. They wouldn't let him past the front desk.

skye

bleeding from bottom and diahreah may be salmonilla..

unforunately my YSS got this but the DRs say this starts 4 days after the food that caused it is eaten so do the math and then find out where she was what she ate ..in our case mom fed him and egg sandwich thursday and monday is when major simptoms started

Sunshine1

I am glad she is better.  I do have a question..you said you lost your legal custody last year. How on earth was that accomplished?  I can't believe a MN court would do that....I am in MN.

joni

Glad to hear she's better and the affliction turned out to have nothing to do with your family.

A disgusting shame about that hospital.  Who knows what the PBFH told the hospital staff about your DH.

Make sure SD knows that her father tried to visit the hospital and that the hospital wouldn't give him access.  Last thing you'd want mom telling her is that DH didn't care enough to visit.

FYI, if it happens again.  Take your most recent court order with you to the hospital and march into the hospital administrator's office and insist on seeing your child.  Show there's no court order prohibiting you from seeing her.  The hospital's just erring on the side of caution.

Don't let an 80 y.o. volunteer receptionist make the final call on your child.

leftoverinmn

No attorney, and a very clever ex-wife.

She brought up everything from heating the house with wood puts the kids at risk of a fire, to the hubby cursing in the truck infront of the kids when a deer jumped out of the ditch. He has beer in his fridge (she's been in AA since she was 14), and sometimes he has to travel for work up to 2 weeks.

She even brought up the fact that we showered together when the kids were home. I paid the 15yo to babysit my son while I went to the Dr one afternoon. Kids are alone in the afternoon for an hour and a half during the school year. We allow the children to go on the internet, and unsupervised bike rides.

The list goes on and on.. it's all stupid $hit too.