Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 10:41:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hey people!

Started by DMcD, Jan 20, 2005, 05:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMcD

It's been I while since I posted. I hope you are all doing well and have made some strides in your cases. You are all awesome women and you will get some recognition for that, I guarantee it.

My DH is deploying to Kuwait again. He has already left for training in Texas and will be gone until sometime in July. My SIL has moved in to help out while he's away. It's crappy, but we'll survive. He promised he won't re-enlist in 2007. I'm taking that with a big grain of salt.

I finished up the Fall 2004 semester with a 4.0 GPA. Woo-hoo! I am taking 19 units this semester, hopefully with the same GPA. I will take my LSAT next month and begin my application to the local law schools once I receive the results (provided my score is high enough to have a chance in hell of being accepted). I should get my degree in Social Sciences at the end of the summer session, just in time to start law school next fall.

My kids are doing really well. They are my sunshine. I am driven to succeed so that they can succeed. I don't have a college fund or wealthy parents but I want my kids to worry about grades rather than how they will be able to afford tuition and books.

Anyway, I just wanted to check in and tell you guys how I was doing and find out how things are going with you. I haven't fallen off the face of the planet but, as you can see, I've been terribly busy. You guys take care and keep your chins up. Remember, it's only a matter of time until kids grow up and see things for how they really are. Love ya!

MixedBag

exwiferuinsson

That's fantastic D!! I always check this board to specifically look for updates from YOU!! I am so happy things are going so well, keep up the good work with your schooling, it will all be worth it in the end. I will keep your DH and family in my prayers.

wendl

Hey honey, I am so glad you are doing so well in school, Kudos to you whooooo 4.0.

Sorry to see dh is deploying again, we will be praying he stays safe while he is away.

Glad to hear the kids are doing good. It does suck that you have to have SIL move in BUT at least you know you have family that will help in time of need and that is wonderful.

Continue with the school you will suceed (sp) you are a driven woman.
Hugs to you all and keep us updated.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

leftoverinmn

I hope the family support groups will be a help to you! They have been wonderful here in MN to my family. Even the local Boy Scouts have been making us cards. They're so cute! They drew Santas then out lined them with green and red glitter. I could totally picture the little assembly line of cub scouts. One has a marker, one has glue, one has glitter...

My BIL left right before Xmas, my sister has moved back in with my mom until he comes home. I hope you get a chance to see DH before he's sent overseas.

Funny thing I saw on the news. There has been a baby boom at the base hospitals, 10 months after the guys were deployed. ((smile))

Before my brother left, I went to GNC and bought Mega-Man multi vitamans. The MRE's aren't giving them all they need to be completely healthy. The guys need extra protien to keep their muscles strong. I also bought powdered protien supplements.  The vitamans were about $30 for a three month supply, but these men need to be in good shape so they can get lots of bad guys.

He didn't have enough room to take the shake mix, but he was very excited about the vitamans, he found room for them, and it made me feel really good, knowing that he's going to be healthy.

We've finially gotten an address for him, so we'll just keep mailing stuff from GNC to him.

You can also get a frequent buyer card at GNC and get 10% off all purchaces after you spend $200.

I know there's really nothing we can do to make sure all of them will be OK, but keeping nutirents in them might help them to see better in the dark, have more energy, and keep their immune systems strong might help a little. You can PM me anytime..

rini

hello

happy that things are working out so well for you.  You are an inspiration to all of us!!!!!!!!

God Bless and keep you and yours

rini

DMcD

I took my LSAT (Law School Admission Test) today. I will let you all know how I did and if/when I get accepted into law school. I'm counting down the weeks to getting my degree. I'll be the first one in my family in 5 generations to have gone to college and get a degree, so this is a big deal for me. Certainly no one has gone to grad school in at least that long, if ever.

As for my in-laws, I have kicked them out. I guess that makes them outlaws, hehehe. (You can check my post to Soc for the Jerry Springer-esque details)

Keep me in your prayers. I'm alone until DH gets home, so these next few months will test my resolve and my will power. If I can single parent, go to school full time, work part time and still keep my sanity, I will be able to handle anything that comes my way. You guys are always in my thoughts and prayers. Keep on keepin' on and I'll try to post more often. Take care!

lucky

It's amazing how some people will take advantage of the kindness you show them and then act as if they are entitled to it all.

Keep up the good work, D.  I know how hard it is and I had dh home to help when I was doing the working/school/kid thing.  In the long run it WILL be worth it all.

[em]Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip.
- Will Rogers[em]
Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers