Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 05:06:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

SD grades slipping

Started by Ref, Apr 11, 2006, 10:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ref

It's not a big deal yet. She was a A/B student up until thig grading period. We just got her new report card and she got C's D's and an F. She is a Freshman in highschool.

My question is more about my husband. If she was my child( I guess I shouldn't say that BUT...), I would call up her teachers and guidance and see what the hek is going on.

I just don't think my husband will do that. He always acts as though he is overstepping his bounds by asking for a report card, not to mention talking to her teachers!!

Any advice, stepparents???

Stepmom0418

Your hubby needs to get involved. We got some very valuable info from the teachers in regards to SS. Most teachers will not have a problem speaking to your hubby, some may resist just because they want to be a pain but take a co to the school or send them a copy ahead of time then if they balk at speaking to him send a letter to a superintendent or ect.

OMG........overstepping his boundries.....oh he$$ NO .......hes got to get past that too. My dh was that way until things got real bad but has since realized to heck with what BM says and he does everything he can to stay involved with his son!

Also you may try to talk to SD. Maybe she can provide some insite as to why her grades are slipping. Maybe the work is too hard and she needs additional help.

Just my 2 cents!

I am a noncustodial stepmom to one boy age 9 and custodial parent to 4 (3girls ages 13,12,6 and one boy age 8)

junglechicken

Have you asked him?  Maybe he's uncomfortable doing htat, and would like to find out info but just doesn't know how?

Do *you* have a relationship with her teachers?  Is this something you'd feel comfortable doing on his behalf, if you discussed it with him?

For us, my dh doesn't do that either.  My sd's grades are slipping too, but it's largely due to her behaviour in class, not a lack of understandign of the work.  DH put it back on osd's shoulders.  I'd do things differently if she were my kid, but she's not, so I have to respect what dh wants to do to handle it.