Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 01:26:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Roller Coaster Ride of Emotions....

Started by dipper, Apr 22, 2006, 07:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dipper

Being a stepmom is beyond frustrating.  Unfortunately I am a very right/wrong person.  And I absolutely insist on truthfulness...so i cannot handle lies well.  It took me 2-3 years to accept that if my ex was talking, he was lying and its way easier just to expect it and not give him any credit than even listen to what he is saying.

Then I remarried and I am back to square one with the BM.  When we tried to have counseling for ss two years ago - she told us she would arrange, then didnt:  WE arranged it, notified her and she took completely over...then complained that we did it behind her back and didnt want to pay anything toward it...like her $4 or so was a big deal.  

She ate the counselor up...counselor thought she was heaven.  Totally fussed about it behind counselors back.  

She took ss off of ADHD meds...and this is when his behaviors got worse along with her move.....

Now, the court has ordered counseling....and you would think its all her idea.  We got a letter from the school today about kicking ss out..and in it the principal noted how BM having ss in counseling is a good effort and that the medical review will most definitely have a benefit for ss.

She took him off his meds...she fought the counseling!!  She let his behaviors escalate for two years pulling this crap....and now that the court orders it, she is all taking credit.  

this is neglect of his medical/mental care...but the courts dont care.  The GAL doesnt care either.  She goes in and puts on her professional mannerism and they all eat out of her hands.....

I dont know if I will last three more years of this....

MixedBag

You'll last...

Just keep focusing on the child AND learn not to try and change what you can not change.

Have an impact and make a difference where you can and don't take the responsibility and guilt where you really can't change things.