Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 11:45:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Crazy day - ss hearing.....need input

Started by dipper, Jul 24, 2006, 03:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dipper

My ss's hearing was today and he got a little stiffer punishment than I expected.  

Original summons noted damages to computer at $100....but today, the judge placed restitution for computer at $500.  It was not stated who is responsible, only parents.  

As soon as BM saw us, she instantly stated that lawyer would not be there as her dad refused to pay dh's half of attorney fees for son.  This was said in front of ss, in an effort to blame dh for his lack of representation.

Lawyer did in fact show up.  DH got a chance to ask him about his fee in the bathroom...and he told dh that he was charging $1000 for son and that ex has only paid him $100.    She has in fact stated in writing that she paid him $300..and stated today that she paid him $500.  (Attorney must have been hoping we had a check book handy)

Once lawyer was there, she was telling ss how "mom has come through again for you son!"  

We have also received a bill and a letter from mental health center she took ss to while in her custody.  She never paid anything.  Court order is for each to pay 50%, center is billing dh for entire amount.

dh has offered to drop pending motions on derogatory comments and clarification to spare any lawyer fees, but she has not responded at all.

BM is looking at apartments that range $200 more than the one she was evicted from earlier this year.  Yet, ss was wearing shoes that were cutting his heals until we bought him a pair last week and met her at counselor's office with them.  

Now, bm and i bumped heads a couple of times today....first when she blamed dh for ss not having a lawyer....and then later when she called dh money grubbing in the crowded waiting area.

SS was not present at the time, and I spoke up that this was not happening here, and she was not cursing my husband anymore in public.  She rolled her eyes..and i told her not to be rolling her eyes at me because there were not enough cops in the building to pull me off of her!

Should we do anything?!  i am sick of her lies....she had paid $100, and blaming dh in front of ss for not paying his half.  She knew we were not paying HER attorney anything - knew it months ago.

I blame the courts...they let her get away with the bogus medical supply bill and now she thinks she can just make bills and we have to pay them.....

And ss asked her over and over again about the attorney and she would not give him a real answer, until we walked up and she made that stupid announcement....

Sunshine1

Boy I see a repeat of my summer last year coming.  dipper, for your sake, you have to end all interaction with her and for God's sake TAPE all interactions with her (if possible, court house probably not possible)  to end all her drama in the hallways, go outside until you need to go in, find a conference room and wait in there before it is time for you to go in.  END ALL COMMUNICATION WITH HER...especially you, you can't say anything to her.

Trust me, she looks like the biggest idiot talking loud and carrying on in the waiting area.  Noone wants to hear that geez, they got their own problems to worry about once they get in there and face the judge.

You HAVE to take the high road on this seriously.  Easier said than done, I am well aware of that!  All this stuff can be fixed by being proactive.

Call the Dr.s office and let them know that they are billing the wrong person and address and try to change it that way...the innocent approach. (has worked many times in my favor)  If that doesn't work call back and simply let them know that you did not sign for service nor were you the custodial parent at the time, and that you would be happy to have your lawyer contact them and giving them a copy of the court order, as to who is to pay what and when.

Lawyer fees...you don't owe them, so block that out of your head.  You did not sign a retainer agreement, you have a huge issue with him being the lawyer in the first place, if you have any written documentation to that fact, you "should" be fine.  Lawyer like to threaten but you have no written agreement with him, and he knows it....so my opinion on that is...let it go, ignore her, there is nothing she can do to get you to pay for that lawyer.

She knows how to push your buttons that's for sure, but you have allthe cards now AND SS is with you.  Shut the door on her, you don't have to talk to her unless its something that concerns SS "directly"  Bills and what not can be talked about via attorney, everything else is her blowing hot air.

As to the results of my summer last year.....our RO's are up in 12 days, and our fines are now paid, so that is a clue to what can happen if you don't stop talking to her.  LOL  :)