Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 05:59:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Kinda called BM Liar(Sorry long, need advice!)

Started by bleemom, Feb 26, 2007, 10:49:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade

>My DH may be responsible for part of the unpaid medical, but
>not to the medical facility.  They cannot hold my DH legally
>responsible for the bill, he did not authorize care.  They
>never have in 12 years.  I have sent back probably 40 invoices
>and told them to bill mom.  They check, find out who
>authorized care and change the invoice, end of that story.  My
>DH is responsible for paying his portion BUT NOT legally
>responsible to pay the doctor or hospital.  He is legally
>responsible for reimbursing BM when she sends us an invoice
>for our portion.  Due to HIPAA and the new privacy
>regulations, someone who does not authorize care at the
>facility cannot be held responsible for the bills.

But he IS responsible for his portion.  And to be quite blunt, the medical facility would not turn down a payment from him.

And if he has joint legal custody, any medical facility would not be in violation of HIPAA regulations to discuss the case with the father of the patient.  

Sherry1

hold a party responsible that did not authorize care.  That is why there is a court of law that will uphold a court order, the medical facility doesn't give a flying leap who is CP & NCP, nor do they review or enforce court orders.

What you are saying is true that DH may be responsible for uninsured medical, but never to the medical facility, nor would he ever set precedence for paying the medical facility.  That is the CP's responsibility then to collect from NCP.

DH is CP of YSS and I would never expect BM to pay the medical facility for a bill sent to her if DH authorized care, that would be totally ridiculous.  I am on both sides of the fence.

Your point is that the NCP should pay the medical facility for their share, sure that would be great if that is what the NCP wants to do, however, I know DH won't (nor does he have to legally), and again, I wouldn't expect BM to either.  

MixedBag

Jade

>enough already....

Uh, feel free to stop.  By the way, you may want to look at the DATE of the post that you responded to.  

But feel free to continue.  

jilly

dipper

DH and BM had joint legal, her primary physical last year.  She took ss to court ordered counseling. She chose the place and took him and only let dh know of where after she began.  She sat in on all appts and would not tell dh about any of it.

Now, dh did write the center and did get copies of notes....she was lying to the counselor big time about dh.....Once ss was on meds, she stopped taking him to counseling and only took him to the psychiatrist for med reviews.  She stopped taking him to counselor around the time dh wrote to counselor.

Now, about two months after ss had been to that clinic, they sent dh a bill for the entire amount (copays).  Dh is the insurance carrier. WE have wrote, sent copies of the 50/50 court order concerning this counseling, but nothing.  They still bill dh for the entire amount.  

Now, a lawyer had told us years ago that a place could ONLY hold the person who brought the child in responsible.  

How can we make them bill her for her half?

Sherry1

then it is the responsibility of the person who paid the bill to collect directly from the other parent.  If BM authorized care, then the clinic needs to bill her.

dipper

I agree, but bm constantly expects others to pay for her games.  DH begged to know about appts and she ignored him, but then had  the entire bill sent to him.  

A couple of years ago, she bought $200+ medical supplies for ss after his burns.  Never used not one thing from that purchase on ss.  So, dh refused to pay it.  She got it after ss was no longer wearing the stuff....crazy.  Dh even said, give me 75% and I will pay for that incase ss needs it in the future, she writes back saying she donated all of it!!

Okay, so dh is not responsible for her buying over $200 and giving it away. But, this old hag judge ordered dh to pay her!!!

Then dh does...excepts after he took custody and she owed him some money on medical, he just deducted it from the check he sent her.  She writes back saying he could not do that as her mother had paid for the bandages and he needed to ask her permission not to pay her the rest...

Dh wrote back and told her that she owed her mother, not him.  In fact, the court order stated that he was only responsible for things she purchased, not those that her mother purchased. Someone else always pays for her debts...her parents or dh everytime...

MixedBag

first you ask them to show you where dad authorized the care with his signature.  They can't do that because he didn't.

Secondly, I believe it was called something like the Fair Credit Reporting Act -- or something fairly close, or maybe someone else will remember the exact words, that prevents them from putting this on your credit report.

AND I believe that there is an article here on this site that talks about it.  Just don't have time right now to search for it.  

And yes, that's a subject STBX#3 and I won when his EX put bills in his name and they ended up in collections.