Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:07:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

''Boys are stupid, throw rocks at them''

Started by Brent, Dec 15, 2003, 09:17:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent

Call these a**holes today, toll free: 877-633-2843 and tell them that you think this shirt is SICK. It's offensive and an incitement to violence against boys.

"Todd" is the ass that designed this shit. Cindy is the Sales Manager, and she is a total ass that see NOTHING wrong with the message this shirt send. You can talk to them at 877-633-2843.

From Glenn Sacks:

There's a controversy in Seattle over ads for a T-shirt sold by Bon-Macy's, a major department store in Washington state, which says "Boys are stupid, throw rocks at them" and has a picture of a little boy running away as several rocks come flying at him.

A spokesman for David and Goliath, the company that makes the shirt, told KOMO-TV in Seattle that they have sold millions of shirts with this message and that it's their best seller. KOMO-TV interviewed local 4th graders about the shirts and several little boys looked visibly shaken by them.

As the father of an 11 year-old boy you can imagine how this makes my blood boil. The company says that despite complaints they have no plans to change the message. What can you do?  I'm urging all His Side listeners to call and/or email both David and Goliath and Bon-Macy's and let them know how we feel about them insulting and demeaning our sons.

Below are both company's contact information, and a link to the KOMO-TV news story (video included). Please feel free to CC me on all letters to the companies.

Sincerely,
Glenn Sacks

David and Goliath, Inc.
Toll Free 877-633-2843
Email: [email protected]

DavidandGoliathtees.com
 Bon-Macy's
Toll Free 866-464-8787
To Send an Email, click here: http://www.fds.com/contact/bonmarche/service.asp

To Cancel Your Bon-Macy's Credit Card,
click here: https://www.bonmacys.com/service/credit/contactus/index.ognc

KOMO-TV: 'Does This T-Shirt Send The Right Message?'
http://www.komotv.com/news/story_m.asp?ID=28700

grafxgrl

I have emailed this company, and given them the following message:

As the mother to one son, and step mother to another, not to mention a daughter of a father who was a 'boy' at one time, I am extremely distressed to learn of the 'boys are stupid' shirts. I find this to be extremely irresposible marketing and retailing practice, and I assure you I will not be patronizing your establishment until I see that such offensive products are not only discontinued, but avoided.

thank you to the DB people who alerted us to this disgusting item and establishment!

g

Brent

grafxgrl

I got a response from the store - thought y'all might be interested...

In response to recent customer concerns about the David & Goliath "Boys Are Stupid/Throw Rocks at Them", "Boys are Smelly" and "Boys Have Cooties" merchandise, I would like to share with you that Bon-Macy's has decided to pull these shirts from our stores.