Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Quick question  (Read 1351 times)


  • Guest
Quick question
« on: Dec 18, 2003, 11:25:34 PM »
Hey all.  I have really missed out on all the new changes.  I haven't checkd SPARC in about 2 months.  I've been busy w/our new baby.

I have a quick question.  This summer I had a final hearing for my 3 yr old on custody issues.  We finally got the paperwork from my attorney and bio dad has agreed to it.  It is what we agreed on in court.  But he doesn't want to go through his attorney anymore.  So I printed out the paperwork and gave it to him and he signed it.  I am going to sign it and forward it to my attorney.  He asked if he had to have his attorney sign it.  I said I assumed so unless he fired his attorney.  I'm not forsure why he doesn't want to use his attorney anymore unless he owes money.  I can't think of any other reason.  Can we do it this way?  

I really appreciate your help.  Thanks.
We're in Texas btw.


  • Guest
RE: Quick question
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2003, 08:26:35 AM »
The attorney can sign on behalf of their client.  But if your son's BD signed himself, then there's no need for the BD's attorney to sign.  Whatever reason he has for releasing his attorney is between him and attorney.  As long as he signs the paper, then it can be filed by you and your attorney.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.