Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 05:01:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

This was interesting~

Started by oneandonly, Jan 14, 2004, 07:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oneandonly

I had a conversation with our school psychologist (at the school where I work) regarding some issues with students and behavior changes in a couple, etc....two students are going through changes at home, where biodad is being   pretty much removed from all contact with the child and naturally, school work is being effected. One student is in tears almost daily.
Anyhow,  the conversation sort of lead to our situation with dh's ex and his children. Long story short-after the psychologist was shown several things, bm's online journal, posts on boards, etc....(was backing up what was talked about because I don't think she believed all we have gone through, at first), the psychologist concluded that in fact, our bm is one unhappy person, is calling out for attention/help and she fears for the children. Of course, this was all without actually meeting bm or the children, but , unfortunately, this psychologist has seen this kind of behavior before. Our one student that cries almost daily has a home situation that almost mirrors dh's situation. The psychologist  was almost thankful, in regards to this student, that due to our experiences, I can probably be somewhat more empathetic to this child's needs.....
Anyway--it was really nice to get professional confirmation, although long distance, that our bm really does need professional help~