Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 05:33:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Edwards Drops Out Of The Race

Started by StPaulieGirl, Mar 02, 2004, 07:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richiejay

while the past may be relevant..if your husband said he had an affair on you because "my ex wife was such a jerk"....he is using that as an excuse..I was not saying it wasn't important (the past)...but with relevance to current job performance it's apples and oranges.

StPaulieGirl

Yes, and I love people like you who can't follow a timeline.  

Let me give you an example:  Say you buy a house that has hidden defects.  The person who sold you this home  knows that there are problems that will be very expensive to repair in the future.  This person deliberately misinforms you as to the true condition of the home.  Several months down the line, you realize that you bought a home that is falling apart for whatever reason.  That isn't important, my point to you is whose fault is it?  Yours, because it's your home, or the person who used to own it, but ignored the defects and covered them up?

I hope that example wasn't too complicated. Bush inherited many dangerous defects from Clinton, in case you can't figure out what the point of the story is.

As for the air traffic control issue, what's the big deal about who is employing them?  Reagan fired them because they went on strike.   Their strike was more dangerous to the airways then Bush moving to privatize this industry.  You didn't answer my question on whether you are an air traffic controller, or not.  I think you are, and that is relevant to this issue.  I am very much in favor of a small Federal government.  The smaller the better.  I want to see them out of everything that they've stuck their noses into.  

You have a right to believe anything you want about President Bush, and the job he's done so far.  I also have a right to inform you that you are wrong on a few points.

On a final note, remember that those that forget the past are doomed to repeat it...

StPaulieGirl

This is a campaign ad put together by a person over on Free Republic.  He goes by jmstein7.  

There is a rare audio tape of Clinton ADMITTING to passing on the offer of Bin Laden to the US.  Click the link and listen to the tape and check out the pics of the terrorist attacks against us on Clinton's watch.

http://www.streamload.com/jmstein77/bushad3.asf

Any more questions about who dropped the ball?  

richiejay

Nice to know that you think our current president has ZERO responsibility in things that happen in our nation.  And, no I didn't ask for proof about anything to do with Clinton.  I merely stated that George W. was using the response to 9/11 as a campaign ploy and I was disgusted by that.  
On a different note..if you start a new job, and the previous person in your position hands you a bag of shit, does that make him culpable of the performance, or you?

richiejay

SPG your ignorance is just overwhelming...

StPaulieGirl

Bush has  moral convictions, and does follow through.  He's got a lot on his plate right now, and he can't please all of us.  I'm praying that that illegal amnesty guest worker proposal goes straight into the circular file, however.  

Some politicians, like Maxine Waters, simply make me want to weep.  She's up on her hind legs accusing us of kidnapping President Aristede, and toppling his government.  You and your husband remember what happened the last time Haitians tried to get rid of him?  Clinton sent in our troops and quelled the rebellion, and put Aristede back in power.  This guy is a thug, and Jesse Jackass wants us to give him asylum.  Ughhh!  

That's why I come to this site.  I've learned a lot about the damage that these issues cause kids.  I want to prevent more damage to my kids.  Also it's opened my eyes to the abuse people suffer at the hands of the judicial system and government.

StPaulieGirl

All I'm saying is that George Bush is not responsible for the terrorist attacks that happened on 9/11.  Those were made possible by the sheer ineptitude of Bill Clinton.  Bush hadn't even been in office one whole year, and we've got Heinous saying, "what did Bush know, and when did he know it"?  Of all the self serving, pathological lying politicians out there, Hill and Bill take the cake.  

George Bush is responsible for his actions, just like every other president before him. He is not responsible for the callous disregard for our national security, that the previous administration had.  You did ask for proof and I gave it to you.  I don't sit around debating people without the ammo to back up my statements.

Why shouldn't Bush use the response to 9/11 in a campaign ad?  He responded in a huge way, and most of us are grateful for his actions following the worst attack on our soil in America's history.  How can running for reelection on one's record be a disgusting ploy????  He kicked ass and made us feel a little safer in a suddenly scary world.

On a different note..if you start a new job, and the previous person in your position hands you a bag of shit, does that make him culpable of the performance, or you?

[p]That's the problem with accepting a position that was formerly held by an incompetent idiot.  You'll spend a good amount of time cleaning up that person's mess.  Once that mess is cleaned up, you will be judged on your own performance thereafter.

StPaulieGirl

SPG your ignorance is just overwhelming...

[p]I'll take that as a compliment ;-)

Peanutsdad

Richie,

I have a question for you. Are you a vet? Have you served this country Richie?

Have you been in uniform under any presidents Richie?

I have. I was in uniform under Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr., and Clinton.

Carter wanted to be politically correct and insisted on a multiservice task force to rescue the Iranian hostages. It failed and resulted in a clusterfook because RADIOS werent tuned alike between the services.
The military was at its smallest in modren history and unable to meet any mission.

Reagan began the revamping of the military. We still undertook missions we were ill prepared to take. We lost men I knew and cared about . BUT, the funds for TRAINING were coming thru and suddenly we were becoming a professional force again. In some cases we learned by dying.

Under Bush, we once again became a force to be reckoned with. In international competitions, our troops once more were among the best there is. Our snipers and recon troops consistantly placed in the top catagories.  The emphasis began to shift towards military tools to keep soldiers alive and accomplish the mission. The naval fleets ruled the seas, modernized and able to take the tasks assigned.

Under Clinton, we watched in frustration as terrorists attacked our embassys and ships and citizens and we were not allowed to strike back.  We KNEW where they were , Clinton KNEW where they were and we were not allowed to stop them. Not once.

So,, you dont like Bush Jr using 9-11? You dont like Bush Jr actually layin the smack down on terror? Are you a Bin Ladin sympathizer? You like seeing American citizens dead? Maybe the poor terrorist is just misunderstood? You want to have a intelligent discourse with the terror groups? Go right ahead, perhaps you will distract them long enough for my guys to kill every last one of the sonsabitches. THAT my friend is the only thing they understand. Violence. Pure unrelenting violence. They dont want to negotiate, they dont want to turn the other cheek. They want to kill YOU Richie,, and everyone you know. If it werent for guys like ME, you Sir, would be dead.

Did we have bad intelligence in Iraq? Yup, probably so. Do I fault Bush for ousting Saddam? Not one bit. Nor,, if you ask the people he terrorized and oppressed, do they.

How about the afghans? Not one regret there either. How many terrorist attacks have American citizens suffered since we did these things Richie? How many buildings in our country have been blown up Richie?

Whether you like to accept it or not, this IS a war. It is in no way like any previous war, it is not country vs country, it is civilization vs terror.

Before you even go to how it was that we created this monster with past policies of supporting Bin Ladin and Saddam and every other 2bit dictator thru the CIA with training and funding,, lets look at the realities of TODAY.
Regardless of the how and the whys of the past, the reality is,, TODAY, these men wish nothing more than to kill large numbers of American citizens in as horrific a way as they can devise. The ONLY logical answer to that is to kill them and kill anyone who follows, harbors or supports them. Kill every last mothers son.

So long as Bush Jr is willing to do that, I support him in any way I can.

richiejay

Blah, Blah, blah PenisDad