Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 09:10:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Martha Stewart Has Been Found Guilty

Started by StPaulieGirl, Mar 06, 2004, 12:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StPaulieGirl

I know SPARC isn't a hotbed of Martha Stewart fans, but I am curious as to what kind of sentence she might receive for her horrible crimes.

There is a thread on FR that's almost hitting 1500 replies.  Most of them gleeful high fives on her conviction.  Technically, she's looking at up to 20 years!

In light of the sentences people get for maiming, beating, and killing children,  will Martha Stewart get a longer sentence for a bungled stock transaction?  Although this was in the UK, I happened to read a story about this guy who ordered his pit bull to kill another dog.  After the cops showed up, he tried to get the dog to attack police officers.  He then kicked out the patrol car window.  He received one year suspended sentence.  The dog was adopted out to another family.  This is the second incident regarding this person ordering his dog to attack.  The first man suffered bites to his face, nose, and either his neck or arm.

So, will Martha's punishment fit her crime?  What I find really strange about this whole thing, is that Martha is a friend of Hillary.  She donates large amounts of money to Democratic candidates.  Folks like that usually don't get thrown to the wolves.

For the record, I like Martha's shows and magazine.  She's given me a lot of inspiration over the years.  Yes, I've heard all the stories about what a horrible person she is in real life, but I never have to worry about my kids watching her show, or looking through her magazines.  In fact I've saved every MSL magazine that I've purchased.  Great reference material.