Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:06:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Police: Mom tied up child

Started by Brent, Mar 09, 2004, 09:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent

Both mom and the boyfriend should be shot or jailed, in my opinion. They have NO business raising children.

Posted on Tue, Mar. 09, 2004  

Police: Mom tied up child
A grandmother calls the police on her daughter after finding her granddaughter tied up, crying hysterically, police say.

BY DANI DAVIES AND PILAR ULIBARRI
Palm Beach Post

BOYNTON BEACH - A woman and her boyfriend used a bedsheet to tie up her 1-year-old daughter so they could go out dancing, according to police.

The baby's grandmother, Olivia Claros, 50, arrived home shortly after 10 p.m. Saturday and heard her granddaughter, Hayli Nicole Claros, crying hysterically from a bedroom. A sheet was tied around her neck, arms and legs, according to a police report.

Claros, 50, found Hayli's mother, Carolina Pineda, 25, in the bathroom, preparing to go out.

Her boyfriend, Oscar Sánchez-Lucas, 24, was waiting outside in the car. Claros told her daughter to untie the child, but she refused and said Hayli was fine, according to a police report.

Claros said it wasn't the first time she had seen Hayli or her 3-year-old brother, Andrés Daniel Pérez Claros, mistreated, so she called police.

Sánchez-Lucas was arrested and charged with aggravated child abuse for allegedly tying up Hayli. Both he and Pineda were charged with aggravated child abuse for allegedly beating Andrés with a belt, and with child neglect.

Both were being held Monday in the Palm Beach County Jail; bail was set at $15,000.

Police and the state Department of Children & Families are investigating the case. The children's aunt, Elizabeth Del Carmen Ramos, who also lives in the house at 230 NW First Ave., said Monday that Pineda punishes the children every day.

Pineda recently hit Andrés across his back with a belt, leaving a mark police saw Saturday night, according to the police report.

Pineda also has an 8-year-old son, who told investigators his mother and her boyfriend tied up Hayli on another night and left her and Andrés in a bedroom by themselves when they went out for the night, according to the report.

''They cry because they are hungry,'' Ramos said. ``But (Sánchez-Lucas) tells (Pineda) not to feed them.''

Instead, he fixes up the baby's bottle with sour milk and puts chili pepper in their food so they won't want to eat, Ramos said.

''And if they act up, he takes off their diapers and hits them,'' she added.

From the Miami Herald and wire service sources.
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/8138612.htm?template=contentModules/printstory.jsp

Indigo Mom

No one cares about the children, Mr. B.  And the sooner everyone realizes this, the sooner people can take action.  Though "what" action, I don't know.  I do know that there needs to be some sort of bloody revolution happening to MAKE people understand just how fricken precious these little people are.  

Ya know what?  I keep watching the news.  There's an ongoing story about this punk who lit fire to dogs.  That's ALL OVER the news.  "Big news" they're calling it.  While it "is" news, it's NOT more important than the baby that was brutally BRUTALLY beaten to death last thursday, and it's NOT worth a "bigger" slot on the websites that have a teeny "blurb" about another child who died on Saturday from abuse.  The news stations stopped reporting my neighbors babys murder on the 7th...yet we're STILL hearing about these "poor" dogs.  (Don't get me wrong, I feel terrible about what happened to the dogs)

Mr. B.  How come it is that you and I, and everyone else on this website believe children are our best resource...but no one else gives a damn???  I get the feeling that this countrys children are "disposable".  Well, the only thing disposable about a baby is their diaper.

Sorry...I'm just mad.  

Kitty C.

You've got a right to be, Indy.  And if only the rest of this country would just get as mad, then MAYBE we'd have some reform.  Our children are the future of this country, but as long as they are continued to be viewed as 'disposable', this country has no hope for that future..........
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Peanutsdad

Indi,

I've been mad about it for YEARS. You said you dont know how myself and others in my field deal with it because we see it every single night we work. We see the abuse, the beatings, children deliberately scalded, little boys with their penis rotting off because "mommy" kept a clothespin on it to punish him for wetting the bed, children beaten to death, kicked to death, killed in auto accidents because they werent in  seatbelts or car seats.

I'll tell you how we deal with it. We get mad, we testify, and later, when its just us and our nightmares, we get drunk occasionally, we hug our kids and celebrate LIFE. We treasure making sure our kids are safe, and happy.

Brent

>Mr. B.  How come it is that you and I, and everyone else on
>this website believe children are our best resource...but no
>one else gives a damn???  

I wish I knew. The courts certainly don't care, most social workers are indifferent at best, and the press obviously doesn't pay any attention to this issue (unless, of course, they can make a story out of it).

Meanwhile our esteemed President is more concerned with gay marriage than saving the country from power-diving into the toilet, both economically and otherwise.

I'm no fan of Bill Clinton, but I have to say that during the "Clinton years", I had a job, we weren't at war, and gas was under a buck a gallon.

Under the Bush regime my job, along with hundreds of thousands of others, has been sent offshore, we're spending a billion dollars a week to provide Iraqis with basic health care (!!!) and filling my car costs almost $40. What's wrong with this picture, hmmm?

It's all part of the same thing in my opinion. The country is being sold to the lowest bidder, along with the futures of our children. But the people who have done this are totally, 100% insulated from the effects of their money-grubbing, power-seeking, greed-based decisions. I'm speaking of course, of Congress, the President, and the heads of major corporations, none of whom give a rats ass about our children. Their kids will be provided for, but the rest of us will have to fend for themselves.

>
>Sorry...I'm just mad.  

As Kitty said, you have a right to be.

sweetnsad

No sorries needed Indy...you have a right to be mad, as I am...HOW ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING that there are people in this world who treat children this way...what the hell is wrong with these people???  Why, in their minds, do they think it's "okay" to do things like this to innocent children that can't defend themselves.

It absolutely sickens me to the point of puking.:-(

sweetnsad

PD....I don't know how you do your job...but I commend you for having the stomach to take care of these poor, abused children that end up in your care...It must be so hard to watch them suffer because of their parents' neglect and damn stupidity.
How do you not get drunk more often???

Kitty C.

PD, I was once seriously considering going back to school to get my RN and specializing in emergency medicine, but from what little I've seen in the rural field of EMS in regards to child abuse (which isn't NEARLY as much as what you've seen), I don't think so now.  If I do, I will specialize in neonatology, where I can revel in the innocence of the beginning of life, instead of the systematic destruction of it.

I have the utmost respect and admiration of you and your colleagues who face these issues every day and still are able to get up and go at it for another day without going absolutely crazy.  You are a much stronger soul than I..................
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Peanutsdad

Kitty,

I cant stress enough how badly we need more nurses. In neonate work,, you still cant get away from the abuse hun,, crack babies are the most miserable infants Ive seen,, except the heroin kids. They cry uncontrollably for hours on end.

Several years ago, kiddosmom and I ended up with  her 6 day old niece, because mommy dearest was back in prison. The kid was a crack baby,, we spent many MANY nights up walking and rocking that child.

Kitty C.

I know, I know.  I used to do birth certificates in one of the largest hospitals in Sacramento.  I saw the births AND the deaths and the WHYS, too.  I worked for a Catholic hospital, who took anyone, regardless of ability to pay, so we got all the welfare folks.  And the users and abusers........

I live in a much more 'rural' area, but the nearest neonatal unit is in the hospital where I work, in one of the leading research and teaching universities in the country.  So this city, tho small (60,000+) sees its share of the evil, too.  But I still think the good and innocence outweighs the bad and evil.

I know nurses are needed, but until I find someone willing to pay my current salary and benefits PLUS my tuition so that I can even afford to go, it's out of the question for now.  Plus, I'm over 40...not sure if you can teach this old dog any new tricks, LOL!  Heck, I don't even know if I've got the energy!

I will tell you one thing I WILL be doing in the future!  When I retire, I will be volunteering at this hospital in the neonatal unit and the nursery as a cuddler, feeding, rocking, and holding babies ALL day long!  Now, THAT's my idea of heaven, LOL!