Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 06:38:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

No word yet on constitutional challenges

Started by BrianL, May 22, 2004, 07:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianL

For those of you who have been following my case, I have still not yet heard from the judge after my 18-day trial to challenge the constitutional of pretty much every divorce "law" in the State of IL.  It's been about 10 months since the end of my trial.

You can find the challenges here:  http://users.rcn.com/bmlovett/.  I will post any updates I receive on my site.

- B.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Instant Messenger:
AOL:  brilovett, MSN:  [email protected], Yahoo:  bm_lovett
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tjraid18

Brian:

Please do let us know whats happening with your case. I'm glad to hear of it and am wishing you the best luck!!! Hopefully you wont need it. I'm curious, who all is involved with you or helping you with it. I noticed the Children for justice logo at the webpage that had the info. about your case. Are there advocate groups helping you with this?

tj

~ From small acorns grow mighty Oaks ~

tjraid18

Brian: How many involved? Who? We need to get a lot more highly dedicated people involved in cases just like yours. There are more and more constitutional cases like yours being taken to court. We should all try to work together more. I wonder if someone should contact reporters and ask if they would be interested in doing a story on these constitutional parental rights court cases? Now seems like a good time to try something like that. Maybe 60 minutes or one of those news shows. It could even be influencing to judges who are sitting on these cases, as well as to the public. Again, good luck man.
                                                                               tj

~ From small acorns grow mighty Oaks ~

BrianL

The CCJ is supporting me in this effort.  I strongly encourage you to see their site and learn about the other challenges to the purported "best interest of the child" statutes.  I also strongly encourage you to financially support them in any way you can.

And, if you're able to get 60 minutes to the table, I'll be there.  But I wouldn't bet on it.

- B.

MYSONSDAD

Brian,

I have been keeping a very close eye on your case. Thanks for keeping us posted. I, too, am from Illinois.

Any encouraging news with Jeffery Levine assigned to look into things. Heard the Governor appointed him.

"Children learn what they live"

BrianL

Personally, I think Levine is useless.  I contacted his office multiple times in the past.  Also, the impact he's had on IL's laws have been zip, contrary to popular belief.  He's all talk.

You want real action?  Find it at the Center for Children's Justice (//www.childrensjustice.org).  Attorneys are a waste of your time and money, including Levine.

- B.

MYSONSDAD

I heard the same thing in many places. Was hoping he would want a name for himself. From the information I have checked, he IS all talk. Don't understand why people read into him like he is some hero.

I will check this site out today.

Hope you hear something soon on your case! And I am praying it is all in your favor...