Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 08:58:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

GOOD MORNING AMERICA STORY!!

Started by smtotwo, Jun 01, 2004, 06:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smtotwo

Everyone please e-mail gma as soon as possible.

They ran a story about a mother who is being FORCED to turn her children over to (GASP! OH NO!) their father.

SHe was never found unfit, however the decision was based on the mothers false abuse allegations during the trial.

SHe now has supervised visits that she must pay for.

//www.abcnews.com  click on good morning america.  at the bottom of the page  click on  e-mail us.

Please please lets inundate them.

I also directed them to this site and to the site in my state that I use.

Brent

I couldn't find it; could you please provide a direct link to the story?

littlebit

Where can we read the story?

smtotwo

I searched the site and even checked the archives,(but the story won't be there until tomorow).  And its not there.  However, I was so upset and disgusted by the bias in the story that I immediately fired off an e-mail.

Also, after losing custody due to parental alienation, this woman went on gma and bad mouthed the father and stepmother on national television!

The issue was that the twins were born out of wedlock due to an affair, Dad was married, and had an affair that produced the twins.
Mom says that Dad was never involved and has only seen the kids for 2 one week vacations. No mention of whether mom made the relationship difficult for dad.

Custody was reversed because Mom made sexual abuse allegations and they were unfounded.

What made me the most upset was they were talking about  "something called parental alienation" and this mother "lost" her children and had to "give them up today".

No mention of Fathers losing their children EVEY SINGLE DAY, or Fathers GIVING UP  their children.

It was really very disturbing and I did give them the link to this site so that maybe they could look at the other side of the story.

Maybe if we all mail them they will look at the other side of the story.

I wish you could have seen or read this story.

StPaulieGirl

Liars make lousy parents.   I resent people who make false accusations of abuse, because thanks to them, authorities don't take real accusations seriously.

Those kids shouldn't be with either parent because both lack any kind of character.  Dad cheated on his wife, and mom is a homewrecker who lies.  Good luck, kids!

kitten

Dad may have cheated on his wife or is she lying about that too? Whether he did or not,  Dad did not abuse the children.  Should children be taken away from a parent because of adultery?  I think not.  

StPaulieGirl

I define cheating as a husband and wife living under the same roof.  One of them has an affair, and that's adultery.  I don't care if they hate each other's guts and don't sleep together, it's still adultery.  

I was just making a statement about character.  Years ago, adultery was grounds for divorce and custody determination.  Neither one of them have good character, imo...

kitten

I agree, but we are talking about child abuse here.  We all (including judges) have our opinions on what constitutes good character, but child abuse is child abuse.  The children should not be separated from their father because he showed poor character.  In a perfect world, all parents would be of good moral character.

smtotwo

it didn't say anything at all about finding more info on the story. Only gave me the website to visit to get either a written or a video transcript of the show.

kitten

I encourage all of you to go to abcnews.com message boards and read and reply to what others are saying about Bridgette Marks.

StPaulieGirl

What I'm getting at is that someone who would tell such an awful lie...a lie that could land someone in jail, then brand that person for the rest of his/her life, is unfit to raise children.  It shows a complete lack of character.  For someone to cheat on one's spouse also shows a lack of character.  People lacking in character also tend to abuse their children, rip off their employers, and generally piss off the neighbors.

I'm not talking about being human and making mistakes.  Making up false accusations is not a mistake.  I have come to the conclusion in fact, that the harder you try and be moral and set a good example, the harder you get nailed.  People like this woman will get sympathy.  People like me (completely different issue that has nothing to do with kids) get the shaft, because I don't know how to be crafty.

Dr.Stepmom

Here isa great discussion group with a couple of articles (slightly biased) and lots of good discussion...I am particularly proud of the comments made by a certain "concerned father" that I love!

http://www.able2know.com/forums/about25808.html

Kitty C.

And I think he was extremely eloquent in his response!  Notice how none of the nay-sayers had the guts to respond to him??  How could they, when they've never had to deal with what he's dealing with??  Stopped 'em dead in their tracks, he did!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

NoNicky

I am struck by the way those who think the decision is wrong are feeding off of each other and spiraling deeper and deeper into some sort of conspiracy theory.  One of the last posts thinks the judge was paid off!  I find it interesting that most conveniently forget the fact that they themselves were not in the courtroom, did not see or hear evidence presented yet feel so qualified to make a decision.

NoNicky
For God has not given a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  1 Peter 1:6

littlebit

Has anyone been able to find the article yet?  I'm coming up with zeros.

Dr.Stepmom

They gave an update this morning on both GMA and the Today Show.  Yesterday Mom had to turn over the kids and chose to make it a media circus.  She forced the exchange to happen on an open street and alerted all the media to be there.  It was heartbreaking to watch the alienation go on right on TV....Mom bawled, cried out "be strong, pray" etc, she physically began to pull the girls back out of the car.  The kids looked incredibly frightened.

Mom and her lawyer were on GMA again, but the interviewers let her have it for choosing to hurt her kids in such a way.  When asked why she couldn't be brave (instead of making such a scene) for her girl's sake, her reply was "I am not a robot."  When asked why she chose to expose her girls to the media in such a way she stated that she felt it was important that America know what is going on...apparently more important than the well being of her kids.  She stated that she wouldn't be able to contact her girls because she couldn't afford the fees and it was more important for her to pay her lawyers to continue the fight.

Someone else they interviewed stated that Mom is going to have a lot of difficulty in her appeal after such a display...I was just glad that she showed her true colors in how far she was willing to publicly go with her alienation.  I hope this helps the public realize that she wasn't the innocent victim she claimed to be.

Though Dad continued to take the high road and not speak to the press, both shows managed to take a fairly unbiased view.  They showed video of Dad with the girls (of course they were happy and well cared for with him)...interestingly Mom had the video secretly shot when she had Dad stalked during one of his visitations!

Kudos to both these shows for trying so hard to be unbiased in a sensational story that could have quickly gotten out of hand!

NoNicky

I've seen several versions of it.  If you go through the last link to the other board comments you will find more than one link.

NoNicky
For God has not given a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  1 Peter 1:6

richiejay

I watched these kids getting into the car: scared, confused.  There was no reason to put these kids on such a public display like that...it only seemed to exacerbate the problem...

janM

to change the system is more judges like this one, and more bm's who show the world their true colors like this one. She is being made an example of, and I hope if this type of behavior has the consequence of a change of custody, more of them will think twice before making accusations and brainwashing the kids.

It will have no effect on some of them because they are too self-centered to think of the kids' welfare.

I read today that when she speaks to them on the phone, if she cries or tries to upset the kids, the social worker listening in will end the call. Too bad they couldn't have stopped that public display too. Those girls were crying because Mom was hysterical, and because of all the hoopla going on around them. I bet once they were away from all that and in Dad's arms they were just fine.

Let's hope this sets a precedent in the courts.

Kitty C.

She lives in an apt. building with an underground garage (per NY Post).....the exchange could have taken place there........COMPLETELY away from any prying eyes!  But no, she chose to scar her children's lives forever with that stupid, idiotic stunt!  I hope to God the judge throws the book at her!

Good for GMA to let her have it in regrds to her motives.  'I am not a robot'............what a bunch of BS!!!!!!!    This piece of crap needs to be taken out back to the woodpile!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Rakkasan

... I kept coming up with errors on my computer.  Maybe you will have better luck

[a href=http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/videofiles/Video/040602custody_video_smi.smil] Here is the link[/a]

You can also try accessing it thrugh here if you like [a href=http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/video_index/video_index.html] ABC video files[/a]

The Rak - Decriminalize Fatherhood!!!

VeronicaGia

Bill O'Reilly interviewed two attornies - one a defense lawyer and one Wendy Murphy, a "civil rights" attorney.  

Wendy Murphy is now in the league of Cindy Ross!  She clearly stated that while men are raping women and molesting children, women are punished for trying to protect their children!  I couldn't believe my ears, as Wendy has been on O'Reilly many times.  I tried O'Reilly's website but there is no transcript of the discussion.  Wendy thought the punishment to the mother (via her losing custody) was completely unfair to the mother, and went on about the poor kids when the clip of the exchange was running.  The other attorney clearly tried to stick to the law, stating that in NY it is LAW that the parent who creates false accusations of abuse LOSES CUSTODY.  

I wish I could find the transcript.  We all need to e-mail O'Reilly and to make sure he understands that when Wendy Murphy said what she did about men being rapists and child molesters, she was talking about all men, all fathers, including O'REILLY HIMSELF!.  

If anyone can find the transcript from last nights show, please post a link.  If anyone else watched it and can remember more of the conversation, please post it!  

speciallady

I was speachless......I saw her going off like you stated and the other attorney's reply--she kept interrupting him and O'reilly....
hope to see a link for transcripts too