Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:29:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Lets' Set a New Agenda

Started by POC, Nov 01, 2004, 07:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MYSONSDAD

If you decide to run for public office, can you move to Illinios?

We could use the help....

"Children learn what they live"

Kitty C.

Sorry, my heart's in in Iowa......at least for the time being!

BTW, are you in northern or southern IL?  DH is currrently working over there, near Princeton.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

MYSONSDAD

If I remember correctly, Princeton is on the west side near the border going into Iowa. Maybe 60 miles in. I am south of Chicago.

We have rural areas, we need good EMT'S, you might like it.

Still say, you have the makings of a great Governor....

Kitty C.

Ohhhhhhh, if you ONLY knew me, MSD!  Like I said, I look a LOT better on paper than in person, LOL!

But I also have family in the Oak Park area.  DH works as far east as Henry...may not be all that far from you.  But they'll soon be packing in the equip. for the winter and he'll be in the shop doing PM and tear-downs till spring. But it's better for him to stay more centrally located on the RR line, which is just about where we're at right now.

And I've stayed with him over in Henry a few years ago.  If it happens next year, we just might have to see about getting together!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

MYSONSDAD

I have many family members in Oak Park, small world!

POC

When one party stands to gain by from a contentious atmosphere, there will be additional contention. That party who stands to gain from the animosity is most likely to create it. By saying you can't have 50/50 when there is animosity almost assures animosity. You're right, tell 'em 50/50 is the way it's going to be and there won't be much reason to be uncooperative.

POC

Typically, local delegations of state legislators meet to listen about issues that concern their constituents in a public forum. I have spoken at several of these delegation hearings. Many times committees allow for public input too. If you contact your state rep and/or senator I am sure they will let you know when the next one is. But, it is likely to be after new legislators have been sworn in. That is a good time to put the bug-a-boo in a few reporters' ears too. Give 'em a few factual tidbits to chomp on, and then spring the question on them.

If you need more ideas, let me know. I am full of it, uh, I mean them.

MYSONSDAD

>If you need more ideas, let me know. I am full of it, uh, I mean them.

joni

Well when Kitty's in Oak Park, let's all get together.  I'm 15 minutes from Oak Park.

joni

printed that point off for my file, you're right, if custody is taken off the table...the air's out of their sails.  Well put Kitty!