Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: gr8Dad sent this to me.....  (Read 1296 times)


  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 479
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
gr8Dad sent this to me.....
« on: Nov 12, 2004, 04:59:41 AM »
I think it is worth following up on.

It has come to my attention, in a story found here http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=492&e=19&u=/ap/movie_canceled that the FCC refused to give a waver to ABC to show the movie "Saving Private Ryan" in tribute to our brave veterans on this Veterans Day.  I think we should all send a letter of complaint to them letting them know how we feel.  The address is fccinfo@fcc.gov .  Lets see if they will listen to the people that they are trying to protect.
>Here is a copy of the letter I sent:
"I read recently that the some ABC network affiliates are refusing to air "Saving Private Ryan" due to concerns that they will receive sanctions from the FCC.  It also stated that the FCC refused to state whether or not this showing would constitute a violation of FCC policy.  Now, it seems that refusing to tell a station whether or not it would be violating the rules is downright wrong.  Unlike Mr. Bono's obscenity during the Golden Globe, and Ms. Jackson's instance of nudity, this movie portrays real life events and the "F" word is not used to insult or convey vulgarity.
My father and step father were Vietnam veterans, and we have an ever decreasing number of WW2 veterans to whom this movie is a testament to that fact that a generation in this country literally saved the world.
I wish to express my displeasure that a government agency that exists only because of these brave men would seek to sanction a program that honors them so."

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.