Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: How do I start the mediation process?  (Read 1279 times)


  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 385
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
How do I start the mediation process?
« on: Feb 03, 2005, 08:59:41 AM »
Divorce decret says that in case of parenting issues, ... we can use mediation.

Beside the fact that we have a motion for Contempt that is going on, we have some things that need to be cleared out in our divorce decret and I want to start the mediation process with my ex.

But where does it starts?
Can I just call the state and ask them to be a mediateur ?


  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 411
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: How do I start the mediation process?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2005, 02:29:39 AM »
I would call the court and ask if there is a mediation center that the court knows of , Here in Pirce county washington , It is In the Phone book under .    Pierce county center for dispute resolution ,
   Then try calling five or ten atty's Then one of them will know what they
use in your area ,Here sent  them 25$ oR SOMETHING AND THE OTHER PERSONS  Address , And they send them a notice that say's you want to mediate over the parenting issue , Here's the good thing about it . The center for dispute resolution will just send a letter out that has Some boxes that they check off , It say's
    Unable to reach other party  Y / N
    Other party Failed to respond  Y/N
  And some other stuff like that . But the good thing is , If the other party fails to respond within 15 day's or so You then file that with the court and your proposed motion , And then the judge will decide , And the other person may be thought of as uncooperative parenting plan in place ?  
   My case is done  , I come back just for the people that are still stuck in this mess , And I always Like to say , Always stay to the simple  
facts , And don't do any thing to the other parent or talk to there side about it , This back fired on Me even though My intentions weren't so Bad , Just state the facts , And not a bunch of he said she said , I alway's Like to recall the smartest thing I ever said to the commissioner before trial , And the judge  AT TRIAL  , I just want to see My son and make sure he grows up with the love of me His father , thats what the court want's to hear and you will be getting better responses that way , It occurs to me they just wanted to know that I want to see My son , They really don't care if the mother is a bitch in your opinion ,


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.