Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 04:13:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I need help for my husband We have no clue where to start

Started by snoopi123, Jan 13, 2006, 01:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopi123

I am going to try to make this as short as possible. His daughter is going to be 5 next month and he has had no contact with her. His ex is in Oh and we are in  IL. He got hosed in the divorce and was not given visitation. I don't want to get into the whole nasty situation as to why he hasn't seen her,  other than his ex is crazy and won't allow it. Everytime we make plans to see her the ex cancels at the last minute. My husband is child of divorced parents who created a horrible living enviroment for him by using him as their pawn and that' s the last thing he wants to do. Thus the reason for no contact. He pays support and has since day one, well she just petitioned the court for a review to get more money. This has made him rethink the situation. We have 2 children since his divorce and we don't have a ton of extra money or money for a great lawyer. Can someone tell us where we can get help to try to get visitation.

ocean

You can answer the summons with one of your own. Go to the court house and they will help you fill out the papers. You may be able to add this to when they hear about the childsupport. You will have to serve her. (A friend or you can hand it to her at work/house) or you can pay a service to do it (usually around $50-$100). Review this site and write up a visitation schedule you would like. Look at child's school calendar for the future. Include summers, long holdiay weekends, vacations, birthdays....Since he has not seen her at all, I would ask for a gradual visitation schedule. Maybe a few times in her home town, then a weekend in home town, then with you...soemthing like that.....How long is the distance?

snoopi123

Thank you so much for replying to my post. We are 8 hours away from his little girl so visitation is really going to take some work once we are allowed to.

Ref

There are plenty of us who can help you with that. DH and I live in PA and SD and BM live in Florida. We see SD every other school break and most of the summer.

She has been flying on her own (with airline assistance) since she was 7.

Any questions, PLEASE ask. Many of us have been there.

Good Luck!

Ref

MixedBag

Step one is always getting an order that identifies WHEN each parent has time with their children.

Distance???  850 miles for one (12-hour one way drive), Hawaii from AL for another, and AL/AZ for the third.

Yep, the kids fly....

Look at //www.southwest.com and their schedule because I think a lot of their flights hub through Midway in Chicago....