Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:29:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sort of had a hearing

Started by awakenlynn, Jul 11, 2007, 07:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

Not quite what I meant........

Most cell companies will not automatically give you a print-out of all incoming and outgoing calls unless you specifically request it and most will make you pay extra for it.  We get a print-out of all of DH's calls becuase his is a work phone, but we don't on mine and DS's because I'd rather pay for unlimited national.  So all we get is how many minutes we've used during that billing period.

I am assuming that if you want a print-out of a bill for a specific month, the cell co. may charge a fee for that, as well.  Check your local provider.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

mistoffolees

>Not quite what I meant........
>
>Most cell companies will not automatically give you a
>print-out of all incoming and outgoing calls unless you
>specifically request it and most will make you pay extra for
>it.  We get a print-out of all of DH's calls becuase his is a
>work phone, but we don't on mine and DS's because I'd rather
>pay for unlimited national.  So all we get is how many minutes
>we've used during that billing period.
>
>I am assuming that if you want a print-out of a bill for a
>specific month, the cell co. may charge a fee for that, as
>well.  Check your local provider.

We use Cingular - and you can go online to get a list if incoming and outgoing calls at no charge.

awakenlynn

Yes, the court order says that the party that does not have the SD can call NO LESS than Wed's between 7-8pm.  Both sides are usually lenient about when the other calls since both families lives are so busy.  We usually call 2-3 times a week since we only get SD 10 weeks a year and out of leaving messages, we get to speak to SD maybe 1 time a week.  SD is rarely "available" to talk, her cell phone or charger gets "lost" or she doesn't get the messages.  When we try ex's phone we never get a response unless SD answers.  SD rarely keeps her phone on her.  She's 14 and we understand most of that age.  SD sometimes calls back and ex frowns on it when SD wants to, ex makes life very uncomfortable and talks bad about dad to SD.

We let SD know when mom calls and SD calls back when she wants, this is the only time she gets to be a kid, mom makes her take care of her brother and sister (has since they were both infants).

awakenlynn

Thanks, our case was in Macon county, but we actually live in IA, we have to go to my parents house really for health reasons, my husband loves this heat!!! I can't wait til winter lol.  I had heat stroke so the heat makes me physically ill and my daughter who is 4 was a premie, so some heat still makes her sick too.

Even with the heat, we are doing everything we can to have a blast having our family complete for a few weeks!

awakenlynn

We used to have Verizon and any incoming cell phone calls, came in as incoming and listed our city and ex has the same service.  There was NO WAY to tell when the other party called because we didn't have proof, so we got the house phone.  

Verizon didn't offer any way to get the cell phones to to list on the plans.

Jade

>We used to have Verizon and any incoming cell phone calls,
>came in as incoming and listed our city and ex has the same
>service.  There was NO WAY to tell when the other party called
>because we didn't have proof, so we got the house phone.  
>
>Verizon didn't offer any way to get the cell phones to to list
>on the plans.

I have Verizon and I get the phone numbers without paying for it.  It must be the plan that you got or the area.  

mistoffolees

>We used to have Verizon and any incoming cell phone calls,
>came in as incoming and listed our city and ex has the same
>service.  There was NO WAY to tell when the other party called
>because we didn't have proof, so we got the house phone.  
>
>Verizon didn't offer any way to get the cell phones to to list
>on the plans.

You must live in a strange area. I get all the incoming and outgoing phone numbers on the cell phone but NOT on the house phone.

awakenlynn

Ok, the hearing was today, and neither side really "won"

Boy, ex THREW A FIT thought.  She kept making wild accusations between the 2 attorneys and it finally went to court.

Ex wanted unlimited weekly contact.  Now remember, there already is an order in effect that states "no LESS than every Wed, between 7 and 8 pm.

Ex was saying that she wanted day time hours, so my husband could not "monitor" calls.  That is what really made us furious and laugh at the same time.  SD goes to her room or the upstairs bathroom when she calls her mother or when her mother calls her!  She is totally ALONE and there is no way to monitor the calls even if we wanted to.  EX said that my husband makes SD sit right next to him or stands over his shoulder, what a laugh!  That is what ex does.  SD has already said that she knows dad doesn't do that and offered to call her mom and tell her so.  I said no, we didn't want to put her in the middle with her mom.  I may ask her to write it down later, and that will be the last of it.

Sooo, what ex got: (Now remember there is only 1 WEEK left of the visit).  Ex is allowed to call 3X's this week between 10-10:45am cell phone to cell phone. All we have to do is ASK that SD keep the phone charged and available, (which we do anyways)  All we asked SD was that if her mom called, to let us know so we can keep a record of the contact, since we lost the records that we would have gotten from the home phone.  We are not required to make SD have it, carry it, keep it on or take it with her, all that is up to SD.  We let her know what the judge said (ex had already told her that she was taking us to court) and she started laughting, beccause she has no idea where the charger is and being a teenage girl's room, we could look for 2 years and still not find everything hiding there!

I can't beleive they all spent 8 HOURS in the courthouse and court because ex threw a fit over calling the house phone for one week.  She is going to have a harder time reaching her daughter now, than she had before!!  We are going to keep our part of the order the same, "NO LESS than Wed, between 7-8pm" because then we can call whenever we want still.

We are going to ask though that parts of the order become receiprocal.  We are required to let ex know when SD goes out of town and give a place where to reach SD along with a contact number, we are going to ask that ex do the same.  

Well, that is how this one ended.  We have a full hearing sometime later in the year.

dipper

Glad that things went okay.  Crazy what some people will drag into court.  As for her accusing your husband of doing what she does (listening in), I guess she just expects everyone to behave as badly as she does....

Well, if she cant talk to her daughter now, that's her own problem.....

MixedBag

you say that "She is totally ALONE and there is no way to monitor the calls even if we wanted to."  

From your home phone, you could record all conversations -- which is what my EX#2 and Camilla do quite often.

From the cell phone, this is true.

Personally, it's been hard to keep everything straight as to when you've been allowing daughter to have cell phone and I've read discussions from many parents on how a cell phone's presence is feared or not welcomed, or whatever.

My SS brought one once too and we were not too happy.  But in the end, by letting him have it, the "fun" of having one wore off quickly.  And this additional intrusion into our home was never felt.  EX never called it and always used the house phone.  All phone calls from her were immediately turned over to the kids with politeness from whomever answered the phone.

Now when the phone rang 20 times in 20 minutes, they'd get unplugged for a while (a few hours) and I think that's a different story.  We had our cell phones to call each other during those times -- and if someone REALLY needed us, they had our cell numbers too.