Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:49:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Houston Dad needs urgent help Pls read

Started by houstondad, Feb 11, 2006, 10:47:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

houstondad

When my daughter now 2 years and 2 months old was born I stayed home to care for her and worked nights, sleeping 3 hours a day until the weekend. Last May I was fired from my job as a paralegal without explanation. I receieved a phone call from a "friend" at the firm who told me that my now ex girlfriend and the Mother of my child had called and said I was abusing her, our daughter, and her two other children. I have not been able to find a job since, every time I am offered one it is mysteriously withdrawn, you don't have to be a detective to figure out why.

One week after I was first fired she moved out of the home we shared while I was away for the day. It took me two months to track her down, she did not contact me and her phone numbers and email addresses were changed. When I knocked and she answered the door she immediately called the police and told them I had threatened to kill her and her children. The police told me not to return or I would be arrested for tresspass.

It is now 6 months later and I have still not seen my daughter. I still cannot find a job and I have run out of everything, I have about 10 days before I am evicted from the slum I am forced to live in and I am surviving by donating plasma for $15.00 every other week. I have located the daycare where my daughter is and it is my intention to take custody of her as is my legal right, no court intervention has occurred at this point.

My first choice would be to work out a joint parenting plan with my ex but it just not possible, under these circumstances she is clearly better off with me until her mother gets help. Perhaps at some point in the future it might be possible to work out something with her mother when I am solidly back on my feet again.

I went to the court house and looked over her divorce proceedings from her previous marriage and what I found was disturbing. She made allegations of abuse both physical and sexual against her ex husband, none of which was proven. She was ordered by the court to undergo a psychological evaluation and the psychologist found her not to be credible. She is to the best of my knowledge under the care of a psychiatrist and takes medication for depression, anxiety, and paranoia.

It would seem from this that I would have a favorable chance of getting custody in court however I probably don't need to tell you about the bias and presumption (vis a vis18th century tender years bs) that the mother is presumed the better care provider. Couple this with the fact that she is a master of deception, portrays herself as a christian woman, scout leader, pta member etc, and has a Father who funded her $100,000 to win her last custody battle (and has told me he will do the same again) you can see my dilemma. I have no other family, I am originally from the UK and what familly I have there is unable to help.

I know there is a Dad (or sympathetic mom) out there that understands and has the financial resources to give myself and my daughter a safe place to live temporarily and hopefully employment so I can get back on my feet. I'll need to get a vehicle, clothes and supplies for my daughter and all that goes with having to take this kind of action.

The only thing I have left of value is my computer, a website that I own (which has great potential) //www.sniper58.com and a sports card collection worth $3,450.00 I am prepared to offer all of these as collateral, I have no criminal background, 'cept a couple of speeding tickets! So please, if you can will you help me and my daughter out. Thanks for reading, contact me at [email protected]

Barrie