Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Father gave up Rights to Child! Can he get them back?  (Read 1351 times)


  • Guest
Father gave up Rights to Child! Can he get them back?
« on: Jan 05, 2004, 04:19:31 PM »
My fiance was conned into giving up his rights to his two children. He still visits with them and has a close relationship with his daughter. Come to find out, his daughter never wanted to be adopted. She was lied to by her mother and my fiance was lied to also. We were told that the children could not receive full military benefits unless the stepfather adopted them. His daughter was told that her last name would be her fathers - stepfathers. The only thing that has come out of this is that my fiance is able to see her. He signed the papers and she had the stepfather adopt them and dropped the fathers last name completly.

The daughter wants to now live with her father and we are in a pickle. We are not rich and can't even begin to think of what we can do. She is 13 now, should we just have her wait until she is 16 and she can move out if she wants, or should we try to get her now.

Thank you for your time


  • Guest
RE: Father gave up Rights to Child! Can he get them back?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2004, 04:38:44 PM »
Sorry, I didn't see the guidelines till after.

1. Can he get his rights back?

2. Is this expensive?

3. Does it matter from state to state?

4. Whe can she change her name, and move out in GA?

Thank you


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.