Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Recording calls - Tape or digital?  (Read 1225 times)


  • Guest
Recording calls - Tape or digital?
« on: Jan 12, 2004, 03:33:39 PM »
Dear Socrateaser,

I live in a one-party state, and I want to record the frequent tirades and verbal attacks of the PBFH, to enforce the statement of the GAL that she has hysterionic behavior. (strangely, the GAL is not willing to do anything about it).

In regards to admissiblity in court, should I use tape or can I record with a digital recorder (and maybe put it on tape then)?

The digital recorders are a little more expensive, but they are also so much smaller and easier to carry around, since this will be attached to my cell phone.

Thank you for your answer.

You rock!  :D


  • Guest
RE: Recording calls - Tape or digital?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2004, 04:53:50 PM »
if i may hop in here.... i've been using a digital recorder for a couple months now, transferring to the pc via USB, with the intention of burning them to cd for transcription, if needed. i just read soc's other post about transfers to pc being bad because they're too easy to manipulate, and the proper procedure being to go straight from digital to audio cassette, but.... it just seems a little out of touch. i could transfer it to the pc, edit it, then tape it to cassette. the digital > analog conversion from pc to cassette would actually destroy some of the fidelity and make it harder to determine whether the content was edited or not. i mean i wouldn't do it, i really don't have to. could they really believe i faked 20 different recordings of bm telling me "no you can't see your son?"

1. if the bm were to contest the authenticity of my digital recordings, could they be sent for analysis, with the stipulation that if they were found to be maliciously edited for content, that i would pay for the tests, but if they werefound to be not edited at all, or if they came back nonconclusive, that the bm would have to pay?


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.