Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: visitation interference  (Read 3563 times)


  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 146
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: visitation interference
« Reply #10 on: Jan 19, 2004, 08:01:21 PM »
In our state a kid is still a minor till the age of 19 by law.  So, in my book an 18 year old is still a child and subject to visitation orders.  My daughter, who is 8, doesn't want to visit her dad sometimes.  But, I tell her it's not optional because being with her dad is very important.  By the way, her dad is an OK guy and we have no problems.  Our problems are with DH's ex.

All situations are different.  I wish you the best.



  • Guest
SOC, any thoughts, if you have time? eom
« Reply #11 on: Jan 23, 2004, 12:37:58 PM »


  • SuperHero
  • *****
  • Posts: 5728
  • Karma: -2
    • View Profile
RE: visitation interference
« Reply #12 on: Jan 24, 2004, 08:25:55 PM »
An 18 year old is an adult and is emancipated -- Period. The fact that you continue to pay support has nothing to do with the child's status as an adult. And, no court will deny support to a parent for frustrating access to the child, because that punishes the child. The best you could do would be to get a money sanction against the other parent to be paid after all support is terminated.

A child nearing adult status has his/her own friends and life, so you wouldn't be able to prove that the other parent was responsible without the child's testimony. If you think you can get that, then file for contempt -- otherwise, you're wasting your time.


  • Guest
RE: visitation interference
« Reply #13 on: Jan 28, 2004, 02:39:46 PM »
:+  You are a Jackass. It's no wonder your son dosen't want to come for visitation.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.