Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 08:52:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Need help ASAP!! *sorry Kinda long*

Started by 1angrystepmom, Jan 20, 2004, 05:15:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1angrystepmom

Oh Wise One,

The latest in our saga with SD and BM is... I am going to be a 32 year old GRANDMOTHER!!  SD is 7mos pg, has had ONE prenatal visit, which was this past friday.  She GOT pg, at 15!!  *the father is 18.

BM DID NOT notify DH of the pregnancy.  

SD has had ONE prenatal visit, which was last friday, I, personally, consider this medical neglect.

BM KNEW she was sleeping with an 18 year old, and failed to provide adequate supervision.  *to the mediator, when DH expressed his concern about the 18 y/o BF, BM stated that "it is ok, I pick her up from his house"

DH is a stay at home dad, and could care for the child, so she could continue her education.

BM failed to complete court ordered parenting classes within Judges ordered time frame (she is still going, should have been done and shown proof of completion, by 12/31/03)

BM did NOT "seek counseling" for SD, as ordered by Judge.

1 ) Would this be considered "significant change in circumstances?"

2) ANYTHING else you can offer, I am really at a loss!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

Amber

socrateaser

>1 ) Would this be considered "significant change in
>circumstances?"

It's all up to the court's discretion. We could go through the whole analysis, but I don't think that a judge will remove the child from the custodial parent unless you can show that the parent's actions in failing to supervise the child were willful, i.e., that she knew the kids were having unprotected sex and did nothing to prevent it.

Can you PROVE this? I doubt it.

socrateaser

>1 ) Would this be considered "significant change in
>circumstances?"

It's all up to the court's discretion. We could go through the whole analysis, but I don't think that a judge will remove the child from the custodial parent unless you can show that the parent's actions in failing to supervise the child were willful, i.e., that she knew the kids were having unprotected sex and did nothing to prevent it.

Can you PROVE this? I doubt it.