Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 07:49:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Off subject, need suggestion please

Started by Jetmn, Jan 19, 2004, 01:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetmn

Soc,

I'm a regular poster and have been with SPARC for some time now but I've changed my id to protect myself and my child.  I need advice.

I just found out that my minor child had sex with an adult friend.  I don't know where to turn or what to do.  I have contacted the police who tell me that he has a right to tell his side of the 'story'.  I am not comfortable with the way that the local police have handled the situation thus far.  The act happened two years ago.  I want to look out for my child.  I have selected to contact a victim's program because I felt that they have knowledge in this area.  With the holiday, they are not available until tomorrow.

My head is spinning now, but I guess my questions are:

1.  Is there a website where I can direct my questions to for this crime?

2.  Do you have any other suggestions for helping my child deal with the things that are going to happen?

Thank you in advance.

VeronicaGia

This was two years ago?  How is your child suffering?  Can you present any evidence that this crime was committed?  Is the child willing to step forward and talk to not only the police, but is your child mentally able to testify in court?

I really cannot offer any advice, but wanted to bump your post back up to the top so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.  There has to be some good organization out there who can help you with this.  I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.

1angrystepmom

was trying to send you a private message, however, your "profile is disabed"  feel free to e-mail /message me.  I have some experience in this area....  from your daughter's point of view....
Amber

socrateaser

You seem to be asking questions that are more appropriate for a psycho therapist. Your child can file a complaint with local law enforcement, but it's been so long that prosecution of the case will be unlikely, unless the alleged purpetrator has previously committed other such acts.