Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:22:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

attorney issue

Started by hlpnoutdhiam, Jan 27, 2004, 10:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hlpnoutdhiam

Hi there.  My husband hired an attorney over a year ago and he seemed to be the answer to our prayers.  We've since learned otherwise.  We told him from the very beginning that we had no finances and he told us not to worry about it.  He now says we owe him $17,000.00 and I can tell you his bill is TOTALLY padded!  The times that we spent in his office were not always about our issues.  One time he spent an hour talking about the O.J. Simpson case and it appears he charged us for the time!  At other times he spent a lot of time talking about when he runs for the Senate and apparently charged us for the time!  I never kept track of the time...I know now that I should have.  What can we do?  What rights do we have?  What can he do to us?  We in NO WAY have $17,000.00!  I feel completely helpless and hopeless and I don't know where to turn.

Thank you for your time and any advise you can offer.

I cry_ in_the_dark

I can't answer your questions.......but if you need a sample message of a letter that I sent to my lawyer questioning his bill, I'd be happy to let you have a copy.

(And...Soc approved my letter  ;-)  )

P.S. to Soc...5 weeks later...he has still not responded to my letter!

hlpnoutdhiam

Hello!  I would truly appreciate a copy of your letter!  Can you attach it here or do you need my email address?

Thank you!