Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 06:39:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Right of first Refusal - implicit - which states?

Started by Servo, Apr 15, 2004, 06:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Servo

In the right of first refusal article, the following was mentioned:

In some States, the Right Of First Refusal is considered to be implicit in the custody decree, even though it may not be explicitly written out.

Which states is this implicit in (WI??) and how do I find the reference to it?

My future ex plans on refusing to allow the right first refusal in as part of our agreement. Are there examples of alternative language that can be used to work like "right of first refusal" and allow a fair opportunity to let me get extra time with our child? What could be presented to a judge to allow this in?

Thanks!!

socrateaser

Please follow the mandatory forum guidelines for posting.

Servo

In some States, the Right Of First Refusal is considered to be implicit in the custody decree, even though it may not be explicitly written out.

Which states is this implicit in (WI??) and how do I find the reference to it?

Thanks!!

kiddosmom

Try posting this way...

My future ex plans on refusing to allow the right first refusal in as part of our agreement. Are there examples of alternative language that can be used to work like "right of first refusal" and allow a fair opportunity to let me get extra time with our child? What could be presented to a judge to allow this in?

1) Which states is this implicit in (WI??) and

2)how do I find the reference to it?

Thanks!!

socrateaser

>Which states is this implicit in (WI??) and how do I find the
>reference to it?

I know of no state where the right of first refusal is implied, because under common (judge-made law), it is not, therefore, I suspect that the article to which you refer is incorrect.

There may be statute or case law in your jurisdiction that creates the right of first refusal to exercise physical responsibility for the child in the other parent's absense. In order to research this, you will need to search the WI Statutes, and then a case law database, such as Lexis, Westlaw or Versuslaw. If you need this info in a hurry, you will probably need to bite the bullet and call a local attorney. A good WI family law attorney should know the answer to this question without needing to research.

socrateaser

...but, the question is so short that I answered it as posted. At least the poster moved the questions to the rear.