Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 07:24:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NO NEED FOR DAY CARE.... how to get to be with the kids?

Started by chiquito2005, Aug 22, 2004, 05:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chiquito2005

I am now a "work-at-home" employee in my company. I work from home now 100%, which gives me full availability to take care of the kids when they are out of school and their mother is at work. There is no need for daycare expenses any longer since I am there for my kids. Can I make a motion to the family court so that I, the father, can be with the children when their mother is at work rather than the children being in day care? What are the things I should be aware in other to win with my motion? Any suggestions, ideas on how to go about it? Thank you.

socrateaser

>           I am now a "work-at-home" employee in my company.
>I work from home now 100%, which gives me full availability to
>take care of the kids when they are out of school and their
>mother is at work. There is no need for daycare expenses any
>longer since I am there for my kids. Can I make a motion to
>the family court so that I, the father, can be with the
>children when their mother is at work rather than the children
>being in day care?

You can -- don't know if it will be granted -- this might satisfy the substantial change in circumstances test.

What are the things I should be aware in order to win with my motion?

You will need to prove that you can both work full time and care for the kids, simultaneously. You need to thoroughly document how you accomplish your work and why it doesn not require your full attention.

>Any suggestions, ideas on how to go about it?

You file a motion for an order designating you as daycare provider, on grounds that you have the time and the ability to both work and care for the kids, and that it is in their best interests that you be permitted to do so.