Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 06:29:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

School issues

Started by concerned dadto2, Jan 25, 2005, 01:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

concerned dadto2

Soc,
My son's mother has withdrawn him from one school and placed him in another.  At the old school the teachers were very mindful about staying in contact w/ me about my son and I often visited the school and ate lunch with him perhaps once a month.

Today I went to the new school to meet the principal and counselors, etc.  He has been in this school 2 weeks.  I also supplied them w/ a copy of the legitimization order.  I then asked them to call Russell to the office so I could give him snack money as it was too late for me to eat lunck w/ him.

All of a sudden the principal acted strange and stated that w/out a court order I could not call my son out of class, nowr would I be welcome to eat lunch with him or interact w/ him in any capacity at the school without either his mother's permission or a court order.

He stated that since my name was not on the enrollment form that I had no rights.  He also stated that they had a little girl in school before and there had been a domestic violence issue regarding the girl and her parent and thus they were not taking any more chances.

The only reaspn I wanted to give him the snack money was to see him and chat for a few minutes as the mother has denied visitations for the last 4 months.  We had court today, but was postponed to Feb 15th as judge left early.  So I haven't seen him since November.

1.  Can the school restrict access or deny the same rights to me that they would give the CP?

2.  Have you ever heard of a judge stipulating in an order that the NCP could have access to a child at school?

3.  Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

socrateaser

>1.  Can the school restrict access or deny the same rights to
>me that they would give the CP?

Post your custody orders. Then I can tell you what your rights are.

>2.  Have you ever heard of a judge stipulating in an order
>that the NCP could have access to a child at school?

"Stipulate" means to agree to an order. Parties agree -- judge's order the agreement/stipulation. If you're asking whether a judge will award you the specific right to contact your child at school, then the answer is yes, but it depends on your custody orders, and the specific circumstances of your case.

>3.  Any suggestions?

Post your custody orders.