Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 08:38:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Help needed for the Domestic Abuse Helpline for Men

Started by Brent, Oct 01, 2004, 09:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent

Hello!

We are looking for volunteers!  This volunteer "position" will only require five to ten minutes of your time and could make a world of difference to the hundreds of thousands of men who are being abused by their partners.
We need are volunteers willing to take a few minutes to look up where to send a public service announcement (PSA) for their local newspapers.  We will give you the pre scripted PSA and the web address for all the newspapers in the USA!

After sending the PSA (perhaps more than one time) we would ask that you do a little follow up to see if and when it was printed.

What would it be like if many many newspapers across the USA were to print a PSA letting everyone know that domestic violence is not just about a man beating a woman?

The success of this project will depend on the assistance of volunteers like you! Just think of what a difference it will make to the man and his children who are living with a rage filled abusive partner.  He will know that there is a supportive confidential place where he can discuss his situation and find options to help him remove himself and his children safely.

Won't you help us spread the word?  If so please respond to this email (if you have any problems getting a message back to this email please send it to [email protected] ) with the city and state you live in and the newspapers you will be sending this PSA to.

We will then send you the PSA and web address for newspapers.

Sincerely,
Ms. Jan Brown
Founder and Executive Director
Domestic Abuse Helpline for Men
1-888-7HELPLINE (1-888-743-5754)
"because battering isn't always about size, strength and gender."
//www.noexcuse4abuse.org

Kitty C.

......which will cover roughly 1/4 of my state........
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

StPaulieGirl

I'm not exactly sure how to bookmark topics here, but I'd like to help out in the future.  I'm kind of buried right now.

MYSONSDAD

"Children learn what they live"

kitten

Peanutsdad

Forthelittleones