Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 05:12:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

parenting plan

Started by jen-n-juice, Sep 18, 2005, 10:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jen-n-juice

my x and i have been going thru a divorce we have been exercising a rotating custody however its not court ordered-i have a parenting plan that covers what we have been doing can i send this to the court to be placed in the file although not signed, the court is aware that we are rotating custody.

1. when should the parenting plan be submitted to the court?

socrateaser

>my x and i have been going thru a divorce we have been
>exercising a rotating custody however its not court ordered-i
>have a parenting plan that covers what we have been doing can
>i send this to the court to be placed in the file although not
>signed, the court is aware that we are rotating custody.
>
>
>1. when should the parenting plan be submitted to the court?

Depends on whether you and your ex are in agreement on the plan, or whether your custody matter will be resolved by the court at trial. If your spouse and you cannot agree on a plan, then you can file a motion for temporary joint custody and parenting, and submit the plan as evidence and ask the court to order it, on grounds that it is the current status quo upon which you and your spouse have been operating.

If your spouse will sign a stipulated parenting plan, then you can file a motion to enter final custody/parenting plan on grounds that you are both in agreement as to the child(ren)'s best interests.

Both of these options can be taken at any time before final judgment/decree of dissolution of marriage.