Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 04:39:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

In over my head

Started by biluvjj, Oct 11, 2005, 04:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biluvjj

I took my ex to court for enforcement of visitation because she turned right around and denied visitation as soon as the ink was dry on our last court order for visitation. I am representing my self and have discovered that this process is too much for a person not educated in the law. I also feel it is putting undue stress on my child as the ex is including her in every detail of the court procedings.Today her lawyer asked the judge to file a motion to dismiss the charges saying they were too close to when the court order was signed, yet they were definitely after, because I had the examiner advise me when I was filling out the petition.  I am going to be served by her lawyer as the judge granted permission for the Motion to be filed. Our next appt is a pretrial conference.

1) How do I respond to this motion if I recieve it?

2) Is it possible to come to an agreement before a trial at the pretrial conference?

3) How do I withdraw my petition?

4) Can the ex ask me for her lawyer fees if I end this now? If I had money for a lawyer, I'd have one of my own.

socrateaser

>1) How do I respond to this motion if I recieve it?

This is like asking me to tell you how to write a eulogy for someone who has yet to be born.

>
>2) Is it possible to come to an agreement before a trial at
>the pretrial conference?

sure, you walk out in the hallway and say, let's negotiate.

>
>3) How do I withdraw my petition?

Tell the court you want to withdraw at the conference.

>4) Can the ex ask me for her lawyer fees if I end this now? If
>I had money for a lawyer, I'd have one of my own.

You betcha she can, and she will, and you'll be stuck with em if you give up now.