Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 08:03:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How can I get my divorce finalized?

Started by Showkilr, Nov 09, 2005, 07:35:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Showkilr

OK.  I had written you previously.  I came to realize the whole reason the divorce is not final yet is because she filed to adopt my daughter, she needs to still be married to me to do so.  

1. How do I get this divorce finalized?  It has been filed since June 24,2005.

2. Could I file a restraining order against her due to the fact I am terrified of her kidnapping my daughter since she is so obsessed with taking her away?

3. I got a notarized paper stating I do not want current or future support from my daughter's biological mother, in turn hoping this will strike out her non support claim to terminate the birth mother's pareantal rights, is this considered a legal document to a Judge?

Thanks,
   Showkilr
Dallas, TX

socrateaser

>1. How do I get this divorce finalized?  It has been filed
>since June 24,2005.

If the adoption is filed by motion with the court, then you should have filed a responsive pleading, and you need to as the clerk to set a hearing on the motion, and hopefully have the judge deny your wife's request, and then you need to move on through the remainder of your dissolution issues, if necessary to a trial, but hopefully, via a settlement.

>2. Could I file a restraining order against her due to the
>fact I am terrified of her kidnapping my daughter since she is
>so obsessed with taking her away?

You could, but I doubt you will obtain a restraining order, unless you have a psychologist testify to the manifestations of your mental distress. And, this won't, by itself, get rid of the adoption motion.

>3. I got a notarized paper stating I do not want current or
>future support from my daughter's biological mother, in turn
>hoping this will strike out her non support claim to terminate
>the birth mother's pareantal rights, is this considered a
>legal document to a Judge?

The paper is worthless. Parents cannot bargain away their child(ren)'s rights to support, so it doesn't matter what you say -- you could always change your mind in the future.