Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 10:35:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Questions on Assessment

Started by forthekids24, Nov 28, 2005, 01:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forthekids24

BM moved back to the area after being away for 1 1/2 years in Jan 2005.

She didn't file for a change in her visitation schedule until May 2005.  (I had been trying to negotiate with her in the month of March, and then she went silent and I got served in May)

At the first Judicial Custody Conference, the judge leaned on me really hard to "give mom a chance"  I reluctantly agreed to one overnight/ week during the school year in addition to mom's Every other weekend.

Judge wanted to review in months.  At the 3 month follow up (another Judicial Custody Conference) I had significant eveidence that the kids were not doing well academically when mom had them the night before.

Mom was blindsided, cried to the judge that she didn't know they were doing that bad in school... Judge caught mom in several lies.

Judge has now sent us to assessment.

I recently discovered the BM is evading a civil trial in her old county.  She has all of a sudden changed everything in to her bosses name.

1)Should we bring this up in assessment?

2)Would a "call" to the lawyer on the civil trial to let him know where she is look bad on my part?

3)Since we are coming up on one year from when BM moved back to the area what is the probablilty that the assessor is going to recommend things stay as they are (status quo)?

Thanks
FTK

socrateaser

>I recently discovered the BM is evading a civil trial in her
>old county.  She has all of a sudden changed everything in to
>her bosses name.
>
>1)Should we bring this up in assessment?

If the civil complaint is for fraud or battery or assault or some other intentional tort, then yes, I'd raise the issue, because it calls into question mom's ability as a role model and perhaps as a danger to the child. If it's a breach of contract or some collection action, etc., then it's irrelevant and you'll look bad bringing it up.

>2)Would a "call" to the lawyer on the civil trial to let him
>know where she is look bad on my part?

Depends on the nature of the civil action -- If I were to call, I'd do it anonymously, regardless.

>3)Since we are coming up on one year from when BM moved back
>to the area what is the probablilty that the assessor is going
>to recommend things stay as they are (status quo)?

I don't read tea leaves...sorry.