Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 05:30:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Evaluation

Started by BellaDi, Dec 16, 2005, 11:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BellaDi

I have asked you a question in the past in regards to evaluations. I have now attended my first meeting, and my ex finally attended his this week. I just received a call from the doctor that states my ex, I, and his new wife all have a meeting this coming Tuesday.

#1. Is it normal for us all to be in a meeting together?

#2 Is the purpose in this to see if we can get along together for the best interest of my daughter?

socrateaser

>I have asked you a question in the past in regards to
>evaluations. I have now attended my first meeting, and my ex
>finally attended his this week. I just received a call from
>the doctor that states my ex, I, and his new wife all have a
>meeting this coming Tuesday.
>
>#1. Is it normal for us all to be in a meeting together?

Whatever the evaluator wants is normal.

>#2 Is the purpose in this to see if we can get along together
>for the best interest of my daughter?

Don't try to evaluate the evaluator. That's exactly what they're trained to view as negative. Your goal should be to be as concerned a parent as possible, with no personal stake in the outcome other than your child's happiness. As soon as you try to figure out what the evaluator's looking for, he/she will see that you are trying to manipulate him/her and the circumstances, and everything you do and say after that will be suspect.

Just be yourself, but keep smiling and NEVER say a bad word about the other parent. If you're ever cornered into answering about how you feel, you say that your feelings are irrelevant and only the child(ren)'s interests matter.

BellaDi

THank you very much!! I guess that I am so nervous, I just want to be prepared as possible....My daughters happiness IS truly the only thing that matters to me! As long as I let the evaluator see that, that is all that matters