Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 12:48:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Michael Badnarik on His Side, Glenn Sacks

Started by MYSONSDAD, Oct 20, 2004, 07:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MYSONSDAD

Libertarian Presidential Candidate Badnarik
to Appear on His Side

October 20, 2004

The promo for this week's His Side--Libertarian Presidential Candidate Michael Badnarik Defends Noncustodial Parents' Rights--is below.

I invite you to call the show and join the discussion in progress at 1-877-590-KTIE (in California) or 1-800-439-4805 (out of state). The show can be heard at 5 PM PST/8 PM EST on Sunday (10/24)--to listen, click here.

If you would like to ask Michael Badnarik a question live on the air or by e-mail, email your first name and phone number to [email protected].

Several of you have written to me looking for an online link to the section of  Tolstoy's Anna Karenina which Ned Holstein read during his debate over the Massachusetts Shared Custody Ballot Question with Lynne Gold-Bikin (see "Feminist Ex-ABA Leader Slams Shared Custody, Fathers' Movement," 10/17/04).

As Ned noted, in imperial Russia fathers received custody of children in separations. The quotation concerns a boy's sadness and longing over the loss of his mother. It is in the beginning of chapter 27, and can be seen here.

The quotation is extremely powerful, and on the air I admitted that I am embarrassed that, having read both Anna Karenina and War and Peace while in college, I failed to recall this section at all. This is probably attributable both to my immaturity at the time and the fact that, unlike so many children today, I and most of my friends had the privilege of growing up in a stable, two parent family, and the loss of a parent was out of my realm of experience. The Tolstoy quotation reads in part:

"Among Seryozha's favorite occupations was searching for his mother during his
walks....Every woman of full, graceful figure with dark hair was his mother. At the sight of such a woman such a feeling of tenderness was stirred within him that his breath failed him, and tears came into his eyes. And he was on the tiptoe of expectation that she would come up to him, would lift her veil. All her face would be visible, she would smile, she would hug him, he would sniff her fragrance, feel the softness of her arms, and cry with happiness, just as he had one evening lain on her lap while she tickled him, and he laughed and bit her white, ring-covered fingers...."

Many of you have heard of the Indiana Civil Rights Council's Federal Class Action lawsuit on behalf of noncustodial parents which we discussed on the show on Sunday (see Parents seek custody law reform, Associated Press, 10/8/04). Torm L. Howse, the Council's president, has informed me that there are still several states where they do not yet have a noncustodial parent as a plaintiff in the lawsuit. Since this e-list has become so large and has people from all over the United States on it, I thought perhaps some of you might be interested in joining the suit. The states Torm still needs are: Arkansas; Hawaii; Idaho; Wyoming; the District of Columbia; Colorado; and Iowa. Those interested should contact Torm at [email protected].
The archives of last Sunday's double His Side--Feminist Ex-ABA Leader Slams Shared Custody, Fathers' Movement and Fathers Targeted by Cox Speak Out can be heard here.

For those facing a divorce or separation or who have a personal injury or workers' comp case, the law firm of Pitman, Pitman, Mindas, Grossman & Lee handles a broad range of litigation. With offices in Springfield and West Orange, they have operated in Union County for over thirty years and serve clients throughout New Jersey. Pitman, Pitman, Mindas, Grossman & Lee can be reached at 973 467 5100, or //www.pitmanlaw.com.  

Many of you have asked me how you can help the show expand and progress. One of the ways you can do this is to become a His Side supporter by clicking here. Also, if you own a business or professional practice and are interested in advertising on the show, please contact [email protected].

I would like to thank our many wonderful new advertisers--it is in part because of their support that we were able to bring the show to these new markets. To support the advertisers who support His Side, go to His Side Advertisers.

As always, all information about the show can be found at HisSide.com. I welcome your comments and suggestions.

Best Wishes,
Glenn Sacks
Listen to His Side with Glenn Sacks
GlennSacks.com

Libertarian Presidential Candidate Defends Noncustodial Parents' Rights

Libertarian presidential candidate Michael Badnarik has taken a strong stand in defense of parents and noncustodial fathers--the only 2004 presidential candidate to do so. According to Badnarik:

"in divorce proceedings, the states routinely award custody of minor children to one parent...relegating the other parent to the status of 'second-class citizen'--not because the latter parent has been convicted of any crime, or found unfit, but because of a prejudice in favor of....the best 'single' parent.

"The default presumption in any divorce proceeding must be for joint custody of minor children. Failing the waiver of that presumption by one parent, or proof that one parent is unfit, to deny any parent equal access to, and equal participation in the raising of, his or her children is clearly an abuse of law and repugnant to the Constitution.

"...The 13th Amendment prohibits involuntary servitude...the attachment of criminal liability to failure to pay, or work off, debt. Yet, across the nation, hundreds of thousands of non-custodial parents find themselves in court, often charged with felonies and facing prison, for their failure or inability to pay child support. Further, the federal government has intervened to the extent of maintaining a special database to track 'deadbeat parents' across state lines in order to enforce these draconian and unconstitutional laws."

Michael Badnarik  will join Glenn on His Side with Glenn Sacks on Sunday, October 24 at 5 PM PST/8 PM EST.  I invite you to call the show and join the discussion in progress at 1-877-590-KTIE (in California) or 1-800-439-4805 (out of state).

If you would like to ask Michael Badnarik a question live on the air or by e-mail, email your first name and phone number to [email protected].

For those who are outside of our radio stations' coverage ranges, you can listen to the show live via our station's excellent Internet stream at Listen Live.  

To learn more about gender issues in the presidential election, see:

Michael Badnarik's Parents' Rights Platform

John Kerry's appeal to women voters at Equal Opportunity for Women

George W. Bush's "'W' is for Women"

Constitution Party candidate Michael Peroutka's Defend the Family

His Side with Glenn Sacks can be heard on WSNR AM 620 in New York City and North-Eastern New Jersey, and on WWZN AM 1510 in Boston on Sundays at 10 PM EST. The show can also be heard in Southern California on KTIE AM 590 at 5 PM PST. To listen live via the Internet from anywhere in the world, go to Listen Live. Both radio and Internet listeners are encouraged to call and participate in the show live and on the air at 1-877-590-KTIE. All callers will be mailed a free CD of the show in which they appeared at their request.

GlennSacks.com / HisSide.com

joni

I hope the people in this online community who have been supporting Glenn's causes will take a minute to listen to this show.  It should be very compelling for those who are truly tired of voting for the lesser of two evils.

MYSONSDAD

My thought exactly!

It should help give his campaign a really big boost. I am backing him a thousand times over. I will not waste my vote...

Every NCP in this country should be thinking the same way, or do they want four more years of the 'STATIS QUO'

"Children learn what they live"

Kitty C.

...THANK GOD I live in a country where I have a choice, other than the usual two, and that there are those willing to stick their necks out for all us seemingly forgotten citizens.  He's got my vote, too!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Bolivar

I have a Michael Badnarik bumper sticker on my car.

It seems I am constantly asked – "Who is Michael Badnarik?".

Here in OHIO I've tried to get the message out the best I can.

Since most people I talk to have little or no idea about the libertarian party or Michael Badnarik the political conversations are NOT confrontationally.  People seem to be interested in the ideas of the libertarian party.

[FONT SIZE="=+2" COLOR="red"]A VENT: [/FONT]
The main problem with divorce in this country is the [EM]"Governmental regulation on the family[/EM].  When a couple are MARRIED the family has sovernty over the government, BUT, when a couple is categorized as DIVORCED the government now takes over in regulating HOW and WHEN and WHAT disagreements will be solved.  Said plainly [EM] When divorced,,, the Government has sovernty over the family!!!![/EM]

MYSONSDAD

I have the bumper sticker and a sign out front. People stop me too and ask. I think the bottom line is everyone is just fed up with the same old garbage. Many are ready to go beyond public opinion, pools  and look elsewhere for leadership.

Whether Bush or Kerry get in, the same politics will be in play. Too much government in Family issues. Next they will have control on marriages and tell people where they have to live...

MYSONSDAD

=========================
October 22, 2004
For Immediate Release
Office: (512) 637-6867
Cell: (256) 227-8360
[email protected]
http://www.badnarik.org
=========================

ACROSS THE DIVIDE
Bob Barr supports Badnarik for President

Atlanta, GA - Bob Barr is a conservative's conservative -- a former Republican congressman, a leader in the fight to impeach Bill Clinton and an entrenched traditionalist on issues like medical marijuana and gay marriage.

But Bob Barr is not voting for George W. Bush on November 2.

In a debate on Georgia's proposed same-sex marriage ban last night, Barr asserted that he'd be voting for neither Bush nor Democratic challenger John Kerry, saying he has "serious questions about both presidential candidates."

He's voting Libertarian presidential candidate Michael Badnarik.

Over the years, the Libertarian Party and Barr have had an on-again, off-again relationship: allies on issues of privacy rights and fiscal responsibility, opponents on drug war and other cultural issues.

Since his exit from Congress after redistricting put him up against another popular representative (Libertarians ran ads in that campaign taking him to task for his opposition to medical marijuana), Barr's career trajectory tilted toward the issues on which he and Libertarians agree. He's spoken at party events and complimented Libertarians on their approach more often in recent times.

Then, last week, Barr publicly voiced his doubts about Bush in a column for Creative Loafing, an Atlanta weekly: "...when the nation enjoyed the fruits of actual conservative fiscal and security policies, a Democrat occupied the White House and Congress was controlled by a Republican majority." The column closed with a hypothetical "Hmmm. Who's the Libertarian candidate again?" Barr subsequently hosted Badnarik on his talk radio program.

"I welcome Congressman Barr's support," says Badnarik, currently stumping in Michigan. "While we don't agree on every issue, we have much in common -- and I think most people will understand that it wasn't Bob Barr who walked away from the Republican Party, but the Republican Party which walked away from the values he's worked all his life to support."

Other recent endorsers of Badnarik include former Reagan administration official Lance Lamberton, Orange County Register senior editorial writer Alan Bock and comedians Penn Jillette and Doug Stanhope. Badnarik's name will appear on the ballot in 48 states and the District of Columbia; New Hampshire voters will have the option of writing him in for the presidency.

--

MYSONSDAD