Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 08:07:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Newly adopted child

Started by wendl, May 23, 2006, 08:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wendl

Soc,

State WA

I know that in WA State when a stepparent adopts a child you can deviate from the regular child support.

So in short dad would pay cs for two children from 1st marriage.

2nd marriage adopts that teenager

So he has a duty to provide financially for 3 kids.

You can deviate support on for the 1st two children BUT the worksheet s and directions do not say how much you can deviate from.

Do you know how to do this or where I can find information

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

socrateaser

>Do you know how to do this or where I can find information

I don't really understand the old and new status of the various parties from your post. Regardless, I would start by reading the WA RCW and then look to see if there's any administrative law or case law. I might also visit a law library in your county and or ask WA CSE.

It may just be a case where it's up to the broad discretion of the court.

Sorry to be so vague.

wendl

Thanks SOC,

Basically when you have another child or adopt a child you become financially responsible for the child.  Then when calcuating cs of the children from a previous relationship (that you owe a finanicial duty to) you can get a devation or credi to for the new child/adopted child to reduce your current cs order on the children that you owe child support too.

I read the RCW's it says you can devaite and so the the cs worksheets BUT it doesn't say what formula you need to use to deviate to include another child you are financially responsible for.

I will email the cs office and ask them, cuz I know they have a formula, I just can't find it.

4honor

A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.

wendl