Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Judgement Not Entered  (Read 1032 times)


  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 174
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Judgement Not Entered
« on: Jul 20, 2006, 10:06:33 AM »

Divorce settlement in court Oct 2005. Parties stipulate and sign. OC was to submit the order to the court.

OC didn't submit til March 2006. I prodded my attorney to submit one and he finally did.....then OC submitted one as well.

I have tried with no results to find out why this judgment was not entered yet. My attorney just says " I don't know why".

I would like this judgement entered before it has it's 1 year birthday.

1. I was mulling over calling the Judge's law secratary.....good or bad idea??

2. Will they just waive me off because I called and not my attorney??

3. Any other suggestions??




  • SuperHero
  • *****
  • Posts: 5728
  • Karma: -2
    • View Profile
RE: Judgement Not Entered
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2006, 11:13:48 AM »
>1. I was mulling over calling the Judge's law
>secratary.....good or bad idea??


>2. Will they just waive me off because I called and not my

Yes. If you want the court to talk to you, you must formally discharge your lawyer and notify the court.

>3. Any other suggestions??

The answer from your attorney is insufficient. He's your attorney and he can contact the court and ask the judge's clerk if there's anything that can be done to get the judgment entered. So, tell your attorney, in writing, that you want him to contact the court and find out what's happening by the end of next week, and whether anything can be done to move the process along, and if he refuses, then complain to the State attorney regulating agency (state bar, commission of examiners, whatever, it's called).

Also, ask your attorney if there is any process in the jurisdiction, such as asking the chief judge of the county to intercede and get the order entered. Each courthouse has a chief and that judge is effectively the boss of the other judges. Sometimes a polite letter will move things along.

There may actually be something wrong with the judge, i.e., overwhelmed, sick, etc., and the chief judge may not know anything about it.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.