Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 03:44:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

now onto the credit card crap.....

Started by jolawanda, Oct 04, 2006, 05:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jolawanda

according to the summons, I have 20 days to either respond or a judgment will be entered. I called the law office and have tried to work out a deal. Which to me is out of budget breaking. How do I find out what date Mr. jola was served? He cannot remember.....
I just really want the money paid and the crap removed from both of our credit ratings as we are in the mode of trying desperately to increase our fico score.

socrateaser

>according to the summons, I have 20 days to either respond or
>a judgment will be entered. I called the law office and have
>tried to work out a deal. Which to me is out of budget
>breaking. How do I find out what date Mr. jola was served? He
>cannot remember.....
>I just really want the money paid and the crap removed from
>both of our credit ratings as we are in the mode of trying
>desperately to increase our fico score.

The proof of service filed with the court will state the date of service on it, so you can ask the court clerk.

You can enter a general denial, something like:

Defendant, YOURNAME, in propria persona, hereby appears and answers Plaintiff's complaint by denying each and every allegation of Plaintiff, and further raises all affirmative defensive theories, including but not limited to: statute of limitations, failure to state a claim for which relief may be granted, lack of subject matter jurisdiction, and the existence of an arbitration agreement between the parties which removes this court's authority to hear the case.

Not very elegant, but it will likely do the job and get you the opportunity for a little more negotiating.