Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 08:24:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Can my rights be terminated?

Started by maddad, Feb 19, 2004, 05:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddad

Here's the story, and any information would be helpful.  Me and ex had child 5 years ago.  We split at age 3 and ex got married.  This guy was nice so I went on with my life.  I didn't worry about the child because it was being taken care of fine. Now, they want my rights terminated so he can adopt.  Ex told me that since I never paid support for over a year or saw child either, that they would try to terminate.  I never paid support because she never took me to court to.  I am now married and have a new house and car and can give child a better life than ex.  She doesn't even work.  Any help appreciated.

MYSONSDAD

You will probably take this the wrong, but I do not understand why you did not spend time with your kid...

"So you went on with your life and 'it' was being taken care of fine."

Unless you were in the military for the last year and a half and that kept you from your child, I don't think you'll receive too many replies.

This is my personal opinion only, but your child is better off where they are. Money and material items do not make a 'Better Parent'.

P.S. I may be speaking out of turn, but you have pi$$ed me off. I am doing everything I can to be with my son, I would give up everything I have or will ever have, JUST TO BE A FATHER AND HELP SHARE IN THE CAREGIVING AND MAINTAIN A HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP.

If you are truly sincere and want to get to know your child. You'll have to Petion the court for visitation. It will be supervised.
Your child will need time to get to know you. You will also be ordered to pay CS. Be prepared that your child will not know who you are. You are about to turn your child's life up-side-down.

ANY COMMENTS HERE?

'children learn what they live'

Davy

I'm with MYSONDAD.... unless there are some very very serious complications ... not excuses ... and basically I think government should only terminate a parent in the most extreme cases.  Mad needs a dose of reality !!

MixedBag

I read, and re-read your post.    

The court won't look at the material situation that you have if you now want custody of your child.  I too have a "better house and car" than either of my EXs (all 3 we deal with) and so what.

As long as they are not living in a tent -- and I mean a TENT -- that stuff doesn't matter to a court and neither does it matter to a child who is only 5 years old and doesn't know you.

In all honesty, you might even have a hard time in court to establish any kind of schedule to see your child too.

Yep, I recommend that you work to re-enter your child's life both emotionally and financially.  

Your child deserves it.....and good luck because it will be an uphill battle due to your choices in the past.

Peanutsdad

Im gonna give you the cheapest advise yer gonna get. Go ahead and allow the adoption.

You havent given a shit in all this time,, why bother now??? Is it your new wife ??? You trying to impress someone?? You dont see your child, you dont pay support,, BECAUSE,, theres a new guy to fill your shoes AND because, your ex didnt take you to court.

Hey, guess what ,,, being a parent isnt about whats easy, nor about convienence.

Personally, I think you are a piece of shit. Now, go get in the sewer with the rest of the sewer slime and allow your,, no excuse me,, your EX'S child to have a life.

Indigo Mom

Absofrickenlovely!  You abandon your child, go on with your life, making it better for YOU...and now you want to get this abandoned child back?

I have two words for you...GET THERAPY!!!! No, I have 2 more...GET BENT!!!!!

How could you even THINK of taking this child away from the ONLY parents she's had?  When a parent goes "missing" from a childs life, there's this little process that needs to take place.  You would have to "meet" your child, then have short visits with her.  You then build up and build up until the child is "ready" to spend mucho time with you.  Ya don't care about that, do you?  You don't give a damn that this child doesn't even KNOW you...it's all about you.  YOU YOU YOU.  Life lesson #1...it ain't about you the moment you create life.  

I hate to say it..but ya sound JUST like my daughters father.  He even told my husband once..."i'm so happy you're able to take care of XXXX for me".  WTF?  You referred to your child as "it".  I think that's about enough said.

-----I never paid support because she never took me to court to. -----

Are you saying that you 'need' the courts to tell you to do the NATURAL thing...support your child?  You won't take care of "it" unless it's ordered?  Parents are SUPPOSED to support their children...order or not!  What the holy hell is wrong with you?  Good gawd...my ex needs to be reminded he has a child, too.  (and even then, he doesn't come around)

-----I am now married and have a new house and car and can give child a better life than ex. -----

LOL!  Yabutt...where ya been?  Who's been giving "it" love, support, attention?  Certainly not you, certainly not your new "wifey".  Your ex and her husband.  How DARE you say you can give "it" a better life than them...they're the ONLY ones who've given "it" ANY life!!!!

-----She doesn't even work. Any help appreciated.-----

She doesn't work?  Bet her husband does.  How else has "it" been fed, "it" been clothed, "it" been given the basic necessities of life, "it" has been given more?  The husband has made a choice to stand up, be a man, and take care of a child that IS NOT HIS....and you wanna cry about that?  He's the daddy...cause he's the ONLY man in this childs life who's been there through thick and thin.

Lemme guess...now that the child is 5, able to "take care of itself" you want to be in "its" life?  "It" doesn't require much now, so it would be easy for you, now wouldn't it?  Or is it the new "wifey" who wants to play mommy?  

You're a joke.  You're an insult to every MAN here, there, and everywhere.  You're an insult to my husband, who, like your exes husband, has become THE daddy to a fatherless child.  

Allow the adoption...your child will appreciate it.  

Kitty C.

'I never paid support because she never took me to court to. '  Had the thought ever crossed your mind, regardless of whether or not there's a CO for support, that as a parent you have a financial obligation to the child???

Your ex has EVERY right to ask to have your rights terminated.  Because you were NEVER there, and you NEVER showed you cared at all for your child.  It doesn't make a damn bit if difference whether she works or not, her husband obviously is and obviously is taking good care of your child as well.  Because HE is the one who has stepped up to the plate and is being the father this child needs, and in every way possible, financially, emotionally, physically, and spiritually.

It's guys like you that make it SO damn hard for the great fathers out there who DESPERATELY want to have their children in their lives and would go to the ends of the earth to do so.  Let the father at heart adopt, as he's obviously done and will do more for your child than you ever have or will.

Now excuse me while I go puke.......
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......