Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 03:56:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Looks like trial

Started by crayiii, May 20, 2005, 09:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crayiii

I heard from my wife's attorney before the 5pm deadline and he assured me that we could reach a deal.  He told me that he just found out that my wife wasn't allowing me to even speak to our son and he didn't approve of that at all.

I called him this morning to ask if I was going to be able to have parenting time over Memorial Day weekend and he said that my wife said she wasn't going to let me see or speak with our son until permanent orders are in place.  He wanted me to come to his office on Monday to sign papers and go to the court and finalize everything.

I asked if it included me being allowed to see my son over the weekend and he said "no".

I said that wasn't exceptable and I would seek an emergecy order.

He then told me that he was going to check his calendar and get back to me on a time I could depose my wife.

I'm heading to Spokane on Sunday and plan to be there the entire week.  Any help I can get on how to get an emergency order would be appreciated!!!

socrateaser

If you're relating the facts objectively, then it actually appears that opposing counsel is on your side. It appears that you're going to have to do something a little "between the cracks," in order to get in front of an ex parte judge. I need to look at the WA court forms one more time, but we may need to create a more appropriate motion from scratch. I need to think about it for a day.

However, I need you to email me the exact text of the original affidavit that your spouse used to obtain the TRO. I can't knock down your opponent's argument without knowing what it is.

crayiii

He came right out and said that he wants me to know that he doesn't agree at all in me not being allowed to speak with my son.

Thank you!

crayiii

Do you want her declaration that was referenced in the TRO affidavit too?  

crayiii

I heard from my wife's attorney before the 5pm deadline and he assured me that we could reach a deal.  He told me that he just found out that my wife wasn't allowing me to even speak to our son and he didn't approve of that at all.

I called him this morning to ask if I was going to be able to have parenting time over Memorial Day weekend and he said that my wife said she wasn't going to let me see or speak with our son until permanent orders are in place.  He wanted me to come to his office on Monday to sign papers and go to the court and finalize everything.

I asked if it included me being allowed to see my son over the weekend and he said "no".

I said that wasn't exceptable and I would seek an emergecy order.

He then told me that he was going to check his calendar and get back to me on a time I could depose my wife.

I'm heading to Spokane on Sunday and plan to be there the entire week.  Any help I can get on how to get an emergency order would be appreciated!!!

socrateaser

If you're relating the facts objectively, then it actually appears that opposing counsel is on your side. It appears that you're going to have to do something a little "between the cracks," in order to get in front of an ex parte judge. I need to look at the WA court forms one more time, but we may need to create a more appropriate motion from scratch. I need to think about it for a day.

However, I need you to email me the exact text of the original affidavit that your spouse used to obtain the TRO. I can't knock down your opponent's argument without knowing what it is.

crayiii

He came right out and said that he wants me to know that he doesn't agree at all in me not being allowed to speak with my son.

Thank you!

crayiii

Do you want her declaration that was referenced in the TRO affidavit too?  

socrateaser

crayiii

I just got a call from the Court Clerk letting me know that the judge signed the OSC and I have a hearing on the 3rd.

In light of this, would it be better to prepare for that hearing and show the denial of visitation that has just took place?