Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 05:10:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Visitation issues.....

Started by JasonD, Feb 22, 2006, 11:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawless

Hi,  I am married to a non-custodial father whose teenage daughters are refusing visitation.  One thing that the attorneys are paying close attention to is whether or not my husband actually goes to the door asking for the children even when they refuse to come.  If he doesn't do this, it is seen as his "non compliance with the visitation agreement".  So every other week, he flies to their city, asks for the girls and then stays in town for a week by himself because they refuse to come.  This sounds crazy but we must do this since we have been told that if he doesn't it will be used against him in our upcoming court case (Mom is actually petitioning the court for a guardian ad litem).  So, even though I have limited legal knowledge, I do know that your refusal to take the children on your stipulated visitation time will only be used against you.  This is just my opinion but it does not seem like the right move under the circumstances and certainly is not in the best interest of your children who need their father in their lives.  Those of us fighting for visitation get very emotional about someone who isn't exercising his...please forgive this!
If you want to get some actual legal advice about this, try the Socrateaser forum.  Remember to follow his guidelines for posting your question.
Hope this is helpful,
Lawless