Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 05:22:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stepmoms Websties

Started by jilly, Dec 03, 2004, 10:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jilly

Some of you may already be aware of these sites but I've just found out about them and wanted to share them. It's hard being a stepmother (or stepfather for that matter!) so any help we can find/get is wonderful!
I subscribe to Child and Parenting magazines and it seems that the past few issues have had articles reltaing to divorce/separation/stepparenting. It's good to see that they are realizing that all families aren't made up of Mommy, Daddy and children. Child magazine has gone so far as to have a monthly column that is written by two women in a very unique situation. One of the women is married to the other woman's ex husband and is stepmother to the children from the first marriage.  They are very frank about how they didn't get along in the beginning but now they are friends!  Wouldn't THAT be something??!!   They have written a book together and started a website, which I think is one of the websites I'm posting.
Anyway...enough babbling!  Here are the websties:

//www.comamas.com
//www.bonusfamilies.com
//www.kidsncommon.com

I got these websites from an article in Parenting magazine titled "The Other Woman in Your Life (For ex-wives and stepmoms: A guide to getting along"

dsm

In a perfect world this would be all nice and it is lovely to think of a relationship with my SD's mom that would allow things to work smoothly.  However, reality is such that this will never happen and I've given up hoping for it to happen.  Some people are too stuck in being vindictive, impossible, and negative.

==============================================================================

dsm - 34
DH - 37
SD - 15
LO - 8
BB - 18 months
------------------
2 Cheap Entertainment cats - Snoop & Dagger - 5 years and counting.....
dsm - 44
DH - 48
SD - 26
LO - 19
BB - 12
1 demon who provides cheap entertainment of the fluffy and furry kind.

My mantra - it's time for me to do for me and mine so we can live in the present and not fret about the past nor worry about the future.  What is, is

jilly

I agree with you completely.  Just thought it was interesting!
I've been fortunate in that DH's ex and I don't really interact with each other. I am pleasant and polite to her when we drop off SD or if we're in the same vicinity of each other. She reserves her games for DH. Also, I don't insert myself in the middle of things when she plays her games. I don't call her up or confront her in person. Whatever "discussions" occur about SD are between DH and PBFH.  Not trying to imply that those on this board who DO have problems with ex-wives do any of this stuff...just saying that's what I do.

kitten

I could beat her sensless and get away with it!  

jilly

:7

Well...some people deserve that too!!

forthekids24

I think someone already beat our PBFH sensless!!!

She is really, really stuipd!

FTK

kitten

Ok, so our has been beat with an ugly stick already!x(