Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 03:42:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

school back ground check

Started by delmaster, Sep 01, 2004, 12:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delmaster

I have filed 32 contempt charges with my attorney for the previous 2 months. I am not letting her do anything. She is hanging herself and suppling the rope to boot. You can read my responce to nosonew to see all the gorey details.

gipsy

good I didn't get that from the original post .Hang In there . I will keep this as short as possible , Its hard, I have been through the ringer , Your story is close , But let me give the best advice I can . Don't participate  In the BS , Don't respond to her . What happened to me was she More or less baited me In and said I was the one doing it , Get a grip, when a judge hears this case , You want all the dirty on her side , When a Judge hears cases of she did this and He did that , It will mostly  boil down to what will show as fact , Don't do any part of the BS Or the judge can't tell who came first the chicken or the egg , I hope you have a cool atty and a good one , Don't slack on any violations she makes , The judge will get it , She will try to lie her way out. be prepared,, Go watch a trial at the court house ,Go watch your atty at a trial , If your not impressed then fire him , If he won't let you in on one of his trial fire him , I had to fire two attys . What We need is atty's that tell you what the law is And what applies , Trust me I thought that  things matter that don't . It mostly boils down to the judges finding of parental competance . If She really interfers, that is a reason for change of custody here in wash , Its not the best argument but , It is one ,

TGB

Make sure you check your state statutes on access to school or medical records, http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/access.htm

MixedBag

How can you file "contempt" against the school when they are not a party to your divorce decree?

You have to file a separate law suit to sue them in civilian court.

Ask soc about this....

StPaulieGirl

How old is your kid?  How long has the divorce/breakup been going on?

If, while you and the child's mother were together, and you participated in school activities, then there should be no problem.

All I know from personal experience, is that the non custodial parent who has 50/50 legal custody, has every right to see his/her childs's education records.  For instance, my ex husband suddenly decided to take an interest in his youngest children's school records.  

When my mom was hospitalized for Alzheimer's, I had my backround literally combed with a nit comb to become a court appointed conservator.  I resented it, but I had to do it.  Hindsight:  you should have just accepted their "out of line" request in the first place, instead of making a big stink.