Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 06:53:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Medical bills

Started by dipper, May 22, 2004, 10:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dipper

Hi everyone,

I have been divorced for eight years.  During that time, I paid insurance and 50% copays.  Now that the place I worked for closed, I have the children on state insurance but still have copays.  Ex wont pay anything.

For eight years, I have always gave him copies of all bills.  I wouldnt even think of just writing it on a piece of paper.  However, my fiance's ex does just this.  They have been divorced for three years.  She never gives him any bills or receipts - just writes on a piece of paper that he must pay $__ .  I think this is wrong and I think he should refuse to pay until she does right....Any thoughts?

Diann

Feelincrazy

Well, I believe it is wrong, but does it bother your fiance?  If it doesn't, you are going to need to detach from this.  You can only control YOUR stuff.

If it bothers him, then HE needs to deal with it, not you.  Remember, there is only so much you can do.

How long have you been engaged?

>Hi everyone,
>
>I have been divorced for eight years.  During that time, I
>paid insurance and 50% copays.  Now that the place I worked
>for closed, I have the children on state insurance but still
>have copays.  Ex wont pay anything.
>
>For eight years, I have always gave him copies of all bills.
>I wouldnt even think of just writing it on a piece of paper.
>However, my fiance's ex does just this.  They have been
>divorced for three years.  She never gives him any bills or
>receipts - just writes on a piece of paper that he must pay
>$__ .  I think this is wrong and I think he should refuse to
>pay until she does right....Any thoughts?
>
>Diann

dipper

Yes, it bothers him.  But, the last time he was in court, the judge didnt do anything about it.  He cant afford a lawyer.  Unfortunately, she can.  

He is not computer savvy...so I have been trying to help him look for any information he needs to deal with all of this.

Being a mom, I get upset when I see others claiming ownership of a child..and acting like the other parent is just a check.

But, I do need to find a way to let this go and realize that I have no control over any of it......

Thanks!!